Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD + ASUS Rampage III Extreme BIOS Settings

Hey,

I have been looking over your Bios settings for the rampage II motherboard with the memory mentioned in the title, but I would like to know the settings for the Rampage III motherboard with an i7 960 3.2 ghz. Nothing is overclocked atm, just stock. cheers.

Enable XMP under Ai Overclock Tuner, then you will need to find the precise QPI/DRAM Voltage for your specific CPU. The 960 will need around 1.45V-1.60V, so start low and work your way up until stable.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Cheers for the reply. I'm pretty much a noob at all this overlocking business. I suppose I thought I just had to change some settings, I didn't realise that I needed to up the voltage. I dont wanna start playing around with stuff and then break it. Is it worth it? I suppose I want to get the max out of my DRAM but I dont want to break anything

Comment

Hard to say, it's fairly straight forward, but look on this forum, apparently it's not THAT straight forward. =P

Try DDR3-1600
        7-7-7-21
        1.60V

You should not need to adjust voltage for this setting, and it may be fast enough for you.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks again for the reply. I will try the settings you suggested. I will probably beef it up later down the track when I get more familiar with everything. Thanks again!

Comment

Working...
          X