Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P7P55D - 8GB (4x2GB) Ripjaw - Problems

Hi there,
    I bought and assembled a new MB, CPU and RAM a month ago and keep getting random blue screens and various Windows system errors (memory management, cache management, memory could no be read / written, system services unable to start or being terminated, ...) ever since. Sometimes the problems will show right after booting up the system and sometimes after hours of stable working.

2 weeks ago I spent the weekend troubleshooting and testing with various memory combinations as well as with different BIOS settings.

Testing done with memtest86+ directly run from USB stick as well as Prime95 in Windows. At least one full cycle per test.

Latest BIOS
    All memory modules without errors singely as well as in pairs on banks A1 / B1. Errors in the 8GB segment with the standard settings whenever I installed the second pair with the default BIOS settings. After adjusting some settings (recommended by the tech support of my vendor) everything seemed fine.

Current settings which passed all the tests:
    DRAM Timings 9-9-9-24
    DRAM Voltage: 1,55V
    Loadline Calibration / PCIe / CPU spreadspectrum - Disabled
    Memory Timing Mode: 2N

Memtest as well as prime would pass all the tests without errors. Now after 2 weeks everything started again. BSODs and windows error messages right after booting or restarting the system. I really don't know what to try or where to start again.

Any ideas or tips would be most appreciated.

The hardware apart from the new MB, RAM and CPU have been running for over a year without problems on Vista Ultimate 64Bit as well as in Win7 64 Bit (since last November).

Thanks,
    Bero

System:
    Asus P7P55D
    RAM: 2 x G.Skill DIMM 4 GB DDR3-1333 Kit (F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH, Ripjaws-Serie)
    CPU: Intel i5 760
    GFX: Asus nVidia GTX 260
    PSU: be quiet Dark Power 650W
    Windows 7 64Bit Professional

Enable the XMP profile and see how that works. Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

The BIOS is up to date. Will test with the X.M.P. Profile enabled later on today. I'm not going to be at home over the weekend so there won't happen much testing until Monday. I'll come back as soon as I have any results.

Comment

Working...
      X