Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p6t6 and F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD

hi

i've recently bought asus p6t6 and two sets of trident F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD memory.

now, the problem is that there is no bios, only black screen and diag dram blue led on my motherboard is on and no beeps. After removing all memory modules there are beeps telling me that there is no memory detected. Next thing i've tried is using only one module in different sockets, same thing, blue led, no beeps and black screen, so i ended up trying all 6 modules separately in all sockets with same result.

So i suppose my bios (which is stocked, no updates) doesn't support F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD memory. If that is right, which bios version does support F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD memory but if i'm wrong and F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD should work with stock bios on asus p6t6 then what's the problem with my computer.

my cpu is i7 980x.

thank you

Sounds like the motherboard may be defective.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

i thought that too, but when i remove all memory it beeps for no memory and after putting memory blue led is on, so maybe it doesn't recognize memory, after all, that memory isn't on p6t6 qvl (but qvl is kinda old) and it's 2000mhz memory, so maybe it's only bios, i don't know coz i don't have another board nor other memory atm so i can't test it.

can you tell me if you have tested that memory on p6t6 with stock bios or you've used updated bios.

Comment

i've installed g.p. diagnostic card and it shows e8 and in manual e8 stands for "OEM memory detection/configuration error. This range is reserved for chipset vendors an system manufacturers. The error associated with this value may be different from one platform to the next"

so i still think it's memory or maybe it's cpu, i don't know, i'm new in this i7 integrate memory controller thing.

Comment

Yes, but the motherboard links the CPU to the memory, so if it can not do that, the system will still show bad memory or no memory since it can not find it properly. This is why all problems come to us first. Even if the CPU, motherboard, or video card is defective, it can seem like a memory problem.

It is near impossible that two modules are completely defective, so it must be the motherboard or CPU. Defective CPU is rare, so it seems like motherboard for sure.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH
          Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 08-19-2010, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X