4x2GB G.Skill Ripjaws CAS7 + GA-P55A-UD6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x2GB G.Skill Ripjaws CAS7 + GA-P55A-UD6

I recently set up a new build about two weeks ago with a GA-P55A-UD6 mobo, 4x2GB G.Skill Ripjaws CAS7 1.6v, core i7 860, Corsair hx650w PSU, ati 5870. Got some BSODs, ran memtest and it failed. However when i swapped around the ram chips I ran it again for 6 hours and it passed. The following day I ran it again without touching anything and it failed again shortly into the test. The failure addresses change when I swap them around but sometimes they stay within the same 2gb memory range. The error bit is the same for every memory error.

I've tried setting voltages manually: 1.2 for vcore, 1.3 for qpi and 1.64 for dram but doesnt seem to help. Sometimes the bios seems to reset the voltages and will give me a red warning screen in the MIT section saying there was a problem booting because of overclocking. I am not overclocking anything and the problem can happen even when running at stock memory timings and speed (cas9/1333). Also happens with just two ram sticks installed.

I am running the latest BIOS for the motherboard. The temperatures seem fine: the cpu temps were hitting max 50 degrees when running prime95 in max heat mode.

I have tried reseating everything and checked for bent pins on the CPU socket and didn't see any.

Are there any other secret settings/levels I should be setting in the BIOS or do I simply have a bad mobo/cpu/ram/psu (or all of the above!)? It was suggested that my PSU is not powerful enough but I think a new 650w psu is enough for those components.
    Last edited by MickeyD; 08-03-2010, 02:44 PM.

Send the memory in for new replacements, and the new set should work better.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks, will do!

Comment

Working...
      X