• F3-17600CL7D-4GBPIS on GA-P55a-ud3r

Hi everyone..

I have recently purchased:
    F3-17600CL7D-4GBPIS (2*2gb kit)
    GA-P55a-ud3r (rev 1) F10
    i5-760
    venomous x
    Corsair HX 650

I have installed my ram kit on DIMM1 & DIMM3. When I opened the XMP profile (CPU clock=13*220), the ram on DIMM3 is disabled in the bios occasionally. In Windows 7 64bit, it shows 2GB sometimes. If i reduce the BCLK to 200, 4GB is always shown correctly. The system cannot boot at ddr3 2200 if I only put 2GB in DIMM3. I left the QPI/VTT voltage auto And Easytune 6 shows QPI @ 1.41 v

I have already tried to reseat my CPU and the issue still occurs.

2GB is displayed when the ram modules are in DIMM 2 & 3 or DIMM 1 & 4. Don't know whether this is a mobo issue or not.

What should I do to get back 4GB at DDR3 -2200
    Thank you
    Last edited by zerohunter; 08-03-2010, 10:26 AM. Reason: adding more info

Manually set the QPI/VTT Voltage. Once you find the right voltage, it should be no problem.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

It seems that QPI/VTT at 1.41 for i5 is already high. Isn't it? What QPI/VTT voltage is considered safe for i5 CPU?

Comment

If you have a stock CPU cooler, then yes, but it is required to operate DDR3-2200. What you can do is see what it needs for DDR3-2200, and if you think it is too high, lower the frequency and timings.

As long as your CPU temps stay below 80 degrees C under full load, you should have no problems. But if you allow it to operate 100+ degrees for minutes, it may degrade your CPU.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Intel says about VTT und Vcore both max at 1.4V. Wouldnt go much higher. Better try out to disable LLC, and give more voltage on Vcore instead of to much VTT. Too much VTT makes your maschine as well unstable as too low.

LLC lead me to bluescreens, without everything works fine.

Comment

Working...
          X