Issues with F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issues with F3-16000CL9D-4GBRH

Hey guys, I'm new to posting here, but I've been here reading a lot recently. I recently built a new machine, here are the specs.

CPU: i7-860
    Mobo: Asus Maximus III Formula
    RAM: 8gb Gskill Ripjaws
    GPU: XFX Radeon 5850 "Black Edition"
    PSU: Corsair 620 watt modular

I purchased two 4gb kits of the DDR3-2000 Ripjaws. I can't get either set to pass memtest. Both sets are failing memtest instantly. Pretty disappointed that it looks like my brand new rig is going to be down since ALL of the RAM purchased won't even run at stock settings. I'm really hoping I just have a settings thats off, so here are my current settings.

Ai Overclock Tuner: X.M.P.
    eXtreme Memory Profile: Profile #1
    CPU Ratio Settings: 17.0
    SpeedStep Tech: Disabled
    BCLK Freq: 167
    DRAM Freq: DDR3-2004
    QPI Frequency: 6014

Extreme OV: Disabled
    LM2 Mode: Disabled
    Full Phase Control: Full Phase
    CPU Voltage Mode: VID
    CPU Voltage: 1.2000
    CPU PLL: Auto
    IMC: 1.35
    PCH: Auto
    DRAM Voltage: 1.65625

CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
    PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled

Current Memory timings are: 9-9-9-27. I've also tried timings of 9-9-9-24, still with no luck. Like I said, using these very same settings, I can't get EITHER 4gb set to pass memtest for more then 10 seconds. Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks,
    -RYknow

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Should not have a problem with the XMP Profile..

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I'm currently using BIOS 1706. Apparently the second newest BIOS available for this board.

I seem to be making some progress though. I'm currently running just two sticks, and I have it running at DDR3-2004mhz. The only changes I've made was to change the timing from 3t, to 1t. My timings are 9-9-9-24-1t @ 1.59v (only reason I changed the voltage, is after seeing a post here, I saw someone running these very same settings, so I thought it couldn't hurt to try).

I'm going to let memtest run. If these two sticks pass 10 passes, I'll test the other two sticks, and then I'll report back.

-RYknow

EDIT: Also, thanks for the quick response. First time Gskill user. I like a product that is backed up by good customer support! =]

Comment

Well, the first two sticks of RAM passed memtest for 22 passes (12 hrs, 54min) with zero errors. I decided it was time to switch to the sticks I thought were bad. They passed memtest for the first pass. I just decided I want to run with 8gb's, so I shut down and installed all 4 sticks. It failed on the second pass with only 1 error, so I bumped the voltage on the RAM from 1.59, to 1.60XX. It's running Memtest now. 2hrs 31min and counting. No errors yet.

Seems the big difference was changing the command rate to 1t instead of 3t (my BIOS defaults to 3t for whatever reason.). Keep you posted. Waiting to get to 10 passes before I'm satisfied, but we're headed in the right direction.

-RYknow

Comment

Great, glad to hear we're making progress. Should have no problems, this is a great motherboard. I have basically the same hardware, 4.6GHz, DDR3-2500, and spent basically no time setting it up. One of my fav motherboards because of the extremely easy, user-friendly overclocking.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X