Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-EP45t-USB3P Cold Boot BSOD

Hi there,

I read through another thread about cold boot causing BSOD. It was relevant but not quite conclusive.

I purchased a GA-EP45G-USB3P with an Intel E7500 Core 2 Duo. It was a bundle from Frys. The price was good. I then purchased and installed 4GB of RAM, F3-12800CL8D-4GBTD. On cold boot, I consistently need to reboot a few times before Windows 7 Ultimate, 32-bit starts working normally. Not quite what I want.

I don't need over clocking the setup. I am using it for HTPC. Music, movie streaming, browsing, photos, that sort of things. No gaming.

Are these memories not compatible with mobo? If so, could you suggest the right BIOS config values?

If these are not compatible memories, could you recommend a set that is compatible? For HTPC, I only need 4GB.

Regards,
    Chia

Make sure you have the latest BIOS and the memory is installed in the correct slots.

In BIOS, simply make sure the memory is set to DDR3-1600 8-8-8-21 1.60V and everything should be fine.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply.

The BIOS is F1. Some other forum suggeted F2d but I don't know whether it is a beta or a released version so I am hesitant to upgrade. The mem sticks are on slots 1 and 3.

I tried 8-8-8-21 and couldn't pass POST. It kept looping. I had to change it back to 8-8-8-24.

I am 15 days away from the end of 30-day return policy from Newegg, and given that I am not planning on OC the system nor playing games, perhaps a different set/model of sticks would be a better way to solve this problem? Again, I only need/want 4GB.

Thanks,
      Chia

Comment

I see what you're missing. CPU Host Frequency needs to be 400 to reach DDR3-1600.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I'm having the same problem with the same bundle from Frys. I have different memory though. The RAM I purchased is 4GB (2 x 2GB) at 1333Mhz, Corsair CMV4GX3M2A133C9.

I am also running the F1 Bios and have my memory installed in Slots 1 and 3. Would changing my CAS settings resolve the BSOD issues I'm having on cold starts. Any help would be appreciated. I tried CAS settings 9-9-9-24 and the same problem resulted.

Thanks

Comment

Update the BIOS, but if you have problems on cold starts only, and everything works fine after a couple reboots, you will need to send the memory in for new replacements.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X