F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL + GA-870A-UD3 + Phenom II x4 955 BE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL + GA-870A-UD3 + Phenom II x4 955 BE

Upgraded the bios like an idiot to fix a USB headset sound issue and now the system will not run stable with any setting unless I only run 2 sticks in slots 1, 3. Get 3 long beep which is supposed to be video but I fixed it by bumping voltage in bios F1, running Bios F3A now.

Storm Scout
    GA-870A-UD3
    F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL 8GB (4X2GB)
    850 PS
    WIN7ULT

Help please.

Do you have memory configured in BIOS? Try raising CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V to see if that helps.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes I have it configured. I figured out a heating issue I was having. I used a cheap thermal pasted that I had left over from a previous budget build for a friend and it was not giving me any protection. Got a solid coat of Arctic Silver 5 on it now and temps are solid at 33*C under normal use.

Now that I have the system stable, if I add any to the multiplier will I need to adjust any of the ram settings or should it be ok?

Comment

Add which multiplier?

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

for the processor....

Comment

If the memory is stable, then leave memory settings alone. You can raise CPU multiplier, just remember to raise CPU VCore as well. Raising the CPU multi and voltage does not affect the memory stability or memory settings.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X