• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-890GPA-UD3H and F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL issues

Motherboard = Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
    CPU = AMD Phenom X6 1090t
    Memory = 4GB (2 x 2GB) F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL
    Win 7 Professional x64

System was working fine last night when I shut it down normally. This morning it repeatedly booted into BSOD with Memory_Management as the reason. Ran memtest86+ with both sticks in, that resulted in 1.1 million errors found. After that, I removed one stick, the system booted into Windows but PC speaker immediately started emitting a constant buzzing. I replaced the stick with its matched Ripjaw pair, and again the system booted into Windows normally but the buzzing started immediately. I put both sticks back in, Windows again booted up. and the buzzing was present again. I moved both sticks to the other set of Dual Channel slots on the motherboard with the same outcome. Please advice.

Many thanks,
    R.

If you have another DDR3 computer, try the memory in that. Otherwise, send the memory in for new replacements to see if the new set works better. Does not seem like a memory problem though, more motherboard.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I tried that. As well, as replacing motherboards and hard-drives. The only thing that was the same in every rebuild was the memory. Each time it resulted in an unstable system. On the last attempt, the Desktop Window Manager was stopping and starting constantly. Running sfc /scannow produced in a BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD. It was at that point that I tested the G.Skill memory again - 660,000 errors. I removed the memory, inserted an OCZ pair and the system has been running without incident since.

I'll be sending in the G.Skill pair.

Comment

Actually, I sold the Crapjaws for what I paid for them. I don't plan on wasting any more time and money on your products. It seems clearly that this was the infamous cold boot issue. And to think you wanted to blame the motherboard. I'll stick with the OCZ.

Comment

Right... when the first thing I suggested was to exchange the memory...

It's not about blaming anybody or anything, it's about getting your system working stable. That is why I asked you to test the memory in another computer, or as you did, try another set of memory.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

GA-890GPA-UD3H and F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ issues

Motherboard = Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H
            CPU = AMD Phenom X6 1050t
            Memory = 4GB (2 x 2GB) F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ
            Win 7 Professional x64

I too have spent a month now trying to solve this problem, my symptoms are exactly as Otkon has described.

Is the only solution to return the memory for an exchange?

Jerry

Comment

So it will work, but then after shutting it down for a couple hours the first boot will blue screen or error?

If so, then yes, send them in for new replacements.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X