Was I sent the wrong memory?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was I sent the wrong memory?

Dealing with some instability issues with my computer since I built it last month, I eventually decided to run CPU-Z to get a detailed look at my hardware configuration.

Now, what I ordered was two 2-GB DIMMS of G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL, and that's what it says on the stickers. CPU-Z, however, insists that they're something called F3-12800CL9-2GBRL, which I can't even find any mention of online except in a few random posts on this forum. The problem is that the SPD tab says this memory has a max bandwidth of PC3-10700 (667 MHz), meaning it isn't DDR-1600 like it's supposed to be.

What's going on here? Was I sold the wrong memory or does this RAM have two model names? But then why is it saying it has such a low max bandwidth, and why is it unstable at DDR-1600 speeds? (Mind you, I'm not sure that it's stable at any speed yet). My BIOS defaulted to 1333 speeds when it was first installed, which I'd been warned to expect. But I wouldn't think that CPU-Z would be fooled as easily.

Everything is correct. Look in the Memory tab to see what it is currently operating at.

It should state 800MHz 9-9-9-24.

The max bandwidth is showing the max default. With AUTO settings, the motherboard can only read up to 667MHz (DDR3-1333). The XMP Profile (SPD Ext.) must be enabled, or manual settings entered to operate at spec.

The part number is showing for each stick, not for the complete kit. That's why there is no CL9D (Dual), and 2GB instead of 4GB.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks, that's good news. I still haven't gotten the system stable, though. Maybe I'll be back for advice once I'm more sure it's something involving the memory.

Comment

Working...
      X