Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After upgrading Ram, Windows experience rating for CPU is low now

Hi Guys,
    Today i upgrade my rams(6GB Pi series 1600MHz CL6 to 6GB Ripjaw 2000MHz CL9)and now my Windows Experience rating for CPU is showing low (Before-7.8, Now-7.7) and no improvement in Ram rating-7.8. I haven't overclock my cpu yet only set AI overclock to XMP to run my ram at advertised speed. I have tested my ram with Memtest 4.22 and there is no errors. Is there something wrong in my cpu or ram or it is normal?

MY rig-

i7-980x
    Rampage III Extreme (Bios 602)
    3x2GB Ripjaw 2000MHz
    Last edited by maac86; 07-19-2010, 07:37 AM.

M$ knows best

Can't help you with your settings, but I would take WEI with a grain of salt
    I sped up my system by disabling Virtual Memory and my SSD now flat out screams.
    WEI lowered my Primary HDD from 7.9 to 7.7.
    I could take WEI recommendation and lower my real world performance, or just go with the flow and smile

Comment

Thanx for replaying, I think i should overclock my cpu and ram and then test WER again.

Comment

Yea, once you overclock, it will be 7.9 across the board. =) It is probably lower because XMP did not set everything correctly.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Still no progress

Today i updated my mobo bios and now my cpu rating is back to 7.8. but after manually overclocking my ram to 2000 mhz my mem rating is still same(before and now 7.8). I overclocked my cpu to 4.3GHz and also ram to 2006MHz but still same result (Both CPU and MEM rating is 7.8). So any suggestion guys?

Comment

Help guys

Please can any one tell how can i get 7.9 WEI rating for RAM. Come on guys help me

Comment

Just run PC Mark or Sandra and call it a day. WEI makes no sense.

I have 3 WD Black hard disks setup in raid 5 and obtain a WEI of 5.9 for disk data transfer rate. I used HDTune to assess my disks performance and am running on par with high end SSD's.

Micro$oft writes software primarily to enslave users...increasing their performance is much farther down the chain of important things for them.

Like the previous post stated...take WEI with a grain of salt.

Comment

Try overclocking the memory to see if that helps.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X