Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10666CL9D-4GBRL repeated BSOD memory errors in Windows 7

Hi all,
    I need help with my system configuration & in particular my G.Skill Ripjaws F31066CL9D-4GBRL memory.
    My pc runs fine with one stick installed but as soon as i install the second i start getting BSOD crashes with memory errors on start-up. If i boot into safe mode first and then restart the pc it will boot up fine which is weird.

My system set up is -

AMD Phenon II X4 965 Black Edition
    Asrock M3A770DE Motherboard (latest bios 1.60 with default settings)
    Sapphire Vapor-X HD5770 1Gig GDDR5
    Sweex 650Watt Power supply unit
    Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB Hard Drive
    Windows 7 Pro
    **All the latest drivers are installed and i have reinstalled windows**

Is the problem with the timings of the memory and if so what should i set the timings to? The manual that came with the motherboard has no bios instructions at all and there are loads of options within the bios for the memory.

Any help would be appreciated because i am getting p*ssed off with it now and Asrock are blaming duff memory but G.Skill say if anything its the board

Cheers
    Si

What slots do you have them installed in? These should be plug and play, no need for settings since they are within standard. You can send these in for new replacements, but if the new set has the same problem, most likely it is a motherboard problem.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have tried both blue slots as per the manuak and both white slots. I have got the system running stable with one stick of memory and all indicators are that the second stick is the one causing the problem. As i need my pc i have ordered some Geil DDR3 that was on offer to keep my pc running while i send this memory in via the RMA.
      Do i need to send the RMA in via yourself or Aria who supplied the memory?

Comment

Whichever is more convenient for you.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X