Currently running:

Gigabyte GA-MA790XT-UD4P (F7 BIOS)
    AMD X4 955
    4gb Cheap competitor's memory
    Sapphire 5850 Toxic
    Kingston SSD (64gb)
    Velociraptor (300gb)
    Corsair tx650w power supply

Bought 8 gb (2 of 2x2gb) f3-10600cl9d-4gbnt memory. System became very unstable (memory dumps, occasional BSOD). Ran memtest86+ for over 10 hours straight, no errors. Let the board set memory timings, etc automatically.

DCTs Unganged
    Cas latency 9t
    Ras to Cas 9t
    Row 9t
    Minimum Ras 24t
    TwTr command delay 5t
    Trfc 110 ns
    Write recovery time 10t
    Precharge time 5t
    Row cycle time 33t
    Ras to Ras delay 4t
    Back and Channel interleaving enabled.

Also tried upping Trfc to 160ns, no improvement. Put old memory back in, became stable. Tried only 4gb of Gskill memory, instability returned. Tried other 2 sticks, same thing.

Any thoughts on how to get this memory to work??? G Skill website memory matcher recommended it.

Thanks

addendum

I forgot to put that in the above setup was running all memory (G Skill and other) @ 1333MHz

Comment

Try raising CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V and see if that helps. Should not be unstable at all.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Should I keep the memory settings on auto, or up the trfc to 160ns? Also, board is setting the memory voltage to 1.6v. Should I keep that the same? Thanks

Comment

Always set the memory as AUTO can be anything. tRFC should be fine. If you can set DRAM Voltage to 1.50V, do that. Otherwise, shouldn't be having such problems.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Tried setting CPU-NB VID voltage +0.1V, trfc to 160ns, couldn't lower the memory voltage below 1.6v. System crashed 3x within less than 10 minutes. Re-installed Crucial memory and everything back to normal. Anything other thoughts? Thank you.

Comment

Please send the memory in for new replacements. You should not be having such issues.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

thank you, I will

Comment

Working...
                X