Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M4n98td evo need settings for ram

Im running a ASUS M4N98TD EVO with AMD PHENOMII X3 720 BE. Ram is
    GSKILL F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH . I would like to know the correct BIOS settings for this model of memory to make my system read all available memery. Iam also using 2 Nvidia 9800gtx+ 512 mb in SLI mode. Any help on yhis would be great.
    Last edited by bbhmphry; 07-04-2010, 06:52 AM. Reason: wrong beginning topic

If I had to take a random guess I would say that RAM timings don't affect the amount of memory being read, but the performance of the memory. It either works, or it doesn't.

You have a 4GB (total) model, if you're running a 32-bit Operating System, they only read up to 3.5GB (3.0 or 3.5, can't remember). If it shows 4GB in the BIOS, than that means they should all work. If it shows less than 4GB than you should reseat the RAM and run a memory test for (I suggest a minimum of) 2-3 hours, but you can go as long as 24+ hrs. If your memory doesn't show any errors in the test, than you have working modules. All 4GB should be shown at that point.

I've read online that some people experience actual DIMM Slots on their motherboards going out. So, if it's found that your RAM is perfectly fine, I would check to make sure your motherboard DIMM slots are working correctly. Take a single stick of RAM and put it in each slot on your motherboard. Each time you should go into BIOS to see if it is being recognized. If it is on all slots than I have no clue why you aren't seeing all 4GB.

~King

Comment

thank you for reply

thank you for your reply, i have done all he tests that you suggested . what i found is that the nforce chip for the hybrid sli was useing 512 mb of ram to operate therefore that was giving me 3.5 gb left to use. what i really needed was the timing , cas and voltage to run in the ai suite feature that the board offers. again thank you for the reply and if you can help with those specs that would be great.

Comment

DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24 1.60V

CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X