• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-16000CL9T-6GBRH won't run past 1033mhz

CPU: Intel i7 920 bloomfield
    Motherboard: EVGA X58 Classified 3x SLI
    RAM: Ripjaws F3-16000CL9T-6GBRH

If it matters, the only expansion card I am using at all is an ATI 5870 video card.

The ram is auto detected at 1066 and apparently runs at closer to 800mhz.

When attempting to run the RAM at 2000mhz it either won't post, reboot loop or blue screen as soon as the login screen pops up.

CPU Clock Ratio - 17-20x
    CPU Uncore Frequency - 4000

Memory Frequency - 1600MHz / 2:10 as well as several other settings between 1066 and 2000

tCL Setting - 9
    tRCD Setting - 9
    tRP Setting - 9
    tRAS Setiing - 27
    Command Rate - 2T

CPU VTT Voltage - +200-+350mV
    DIMM voltage 1.5-1.7
    IOH Vcore - 1.300V

Now after playing with the settings, even when I reset the cmos and put bios at defaults except my pci express setting, it blue screen randomly every 20-60 minutes.

I have also attempted re-seating the memory and booting up the machine with 1 stick of memory at a time and encountered no errors that lead me to believe that any of the sticks are physicaly damaged or "ruined"

Any help would be appreciated.

What revision is your i7 920? D0 or C0? Try BCLK 167, and the 2:12 memory multiplier and see how that works. DIMM Voltage will be fine at 1.65V, you will just need to find the sufficient CPU VTT voltage.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have a D0 from a decent batch 3939b977

Comment

I have determined what the blue screening was, it was keyboard related and has been fixed now.

I have tried the listed settings on the board and found that it will not even post with these settings. You stated that the correct VTT voltage needs to be found, what would be a good way to go about finding this? And do you have any suggestions? I tried the BCLK at 167 and 200 both. The memory timing at 2:12 as well.

Is there an XMP profile on this device? What should my Uncore be set to? The reason I ask the numbers I found are: (133 * 24 = 3192 MHz) if they are wrong for this rig thats fine I just need to know ultimately where I can set my VTT to get past boot and get these chips to run at even close to advertised specs.

And once again: I have a D0 from a decent batch 3939b977

Comment

To be precise, start from DDR3-1600, see what it needs, then raise memory frequency and CPU VTT Voltage from there to stabilize DDR3-2000. Otherwise, it is a guessing game.

Uncore Frequency is double memory frequency.

I would not suggest using XMP, manual is always better.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X