No announcement yet.

F3-16000CL9T + P6X58D Premium

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey so I have the P6X58D-E and was having the same issue...I update my bios and the XMP settin changed a bit. It now set the QPI to 1.4volts. My Vcore is still bone stock at 1.21 and cpu is stock at 2.8

Try setting QPI to 1.4. other than MOBO I have the same setup as you

Comment

I appreciate your suggestion, obababoy, but we've already covered that option in this thread.

Anyway, I've updated the motherboard BIOS to 0904, but the issue still exists.

Comment

We simply sent you a new replacement. If your RMA was rejected, you would get a letter stating that.

Test each module individually in A1 to make sure they work fine. You can also use DDR3-1600 7-7-7-24 to insure the settings are not the problem.

Let me know the results and we can go from there.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

My apologies; I was upset when things still weren't working... I should've checked the serial number on the new module. Thank you for the clarification.

I haven't been able to get any of the modules running reliably at DDR3-1600 7-7-7-24, but all three test successfully at DDR3-2000 individually. All three at once, however, causes the system to reboot within minutes of running Prime95.

This isn't normal, is it? Any chance I could exchange this kit for a comparably-priced DDR3-1600 kit like the F3-12800CL7T-6GBTDS?
          Last edited by minuS; 09-09-2010, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Post up BIOS pictures so I can see if anything is set incorrectly. You can exchange for the other kit, simply reapply for RMA and let the RMA department know you would like to try the other kit.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Comment

Comment

Have you tried a lower QPI/DRAM Voltage? The i7 930 typically requires less than 1.60V.

Speedstep should be disabled, as well as any other power saving features.

READ to PRE should be 7.

Also, do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have the latest BIOS revision, turned-off SpeedStep, and set DRAM READ to PRE Time to 7.

I'm still getting POST/Windows startup issues when QPI/DRAM Core Voltage is below 1.5, and reboots between 1.5 and 1.6 when running Prime95. I have yet to test each increment, but should I bother at this point?

I'm assuming an RMA exchange of the whole kit would leave me without a functioning computer for a few weeks...

Suggestions?

Comment

Well, that's what you should have done in the first place. If you got a really good CPU, it may only need 1.40V for DDR3-2000, so if you are supplying 1.50V+, it simply may be too much. This is why DDR3-1600+ is recommended for advanced users only.

RMA should only take a week or so, so the down time isn't too bad.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

I'm not sure I understand your reply... Are you implying that an i7 930 and the F3-16000CL9T kit are not compatible when the CPU is running at (close to) stock speeds, or that my particular i7 930 is not a "good" one? I'm no stranger to overclocking and I understand that not every individual CPU is up to the task, but I'd rather leave this system as close to its components' rated speeds as possible, if possible. If that's not an option, then I'll give-up on DDR3-2000 for now.

I did assemble this system with scalability in mind, so perhaps it'd be best to hang on to this kit, run it at a lower frequency, and try it again at faster frequencies should I ever overclock or upgrade the CPU in the future.

Regardless, thank you for all of your advice.

Comment

You don't necessarily need to test each .02 increment, only when you are near stability.

What I mean is that you should start with DDR3-1600, see what voltage is requires, then work your way up to DDR3-2000. This would be more efficient than guessing 1.50V, 1.60V, etc. just to see what will work.

As you know, everything is scaled, so if you system requires 1.40V for DDR3-1600, it will require around 1.60V for DDR3-2000. Every 266MHz is roughly .1V in my experience.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                          X