• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reboot loop

Model of the motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-MA785GT-UD3H Rev. 1.0
    Model of the memory: F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    Model of the CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 240 Regor 2.8GHz Socket AM3 65W

I have been having this issue for several months. For the first couple months, everything worked fine. Then I began to experience random reboots, which eventually became a constant loop where it would reboot right after the POST. I've tried inserting just one of the memory sticks, and it would boot, but would load windows, and then windows would automatically shut down, and go into the reboot loop again. I've occasionally gotten a windows blue screen with one stick of ram, but not every time. After adjusting the timings to 8-8-8-24, based on another forum post, both sticks ran fine for a couple days, but then started going back into the reboot loop pattern.

Thanks for your help!

Do you have the memory set to DDR3-1333 or DDR3-1600? Both sticks cause the same problem individually? If so, try raising CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V to see if that will stabilize the system.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I've tried the memory at 1066, 1333 and 1600 with the same result. I'll try raising the voltage tonight.

Comment

If 1066, nor 1333 works, something is surely wrong especially if you tried it one stick at a time. You will need to try the memory on another computer, or try different memory to see if the problem is with the other hardware. Otherwise, send in the memory for new replacements to see if the new set works better. If not, you'll need to swap the motherboard or CPU.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X