4x F3-12800CL8D-4GBECO, stability problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4x F3-12800CL8D-4GBECO, stability problems

Had 2x F3-12800CL8D-4GBECO (4GB total) on a Asus P7P55D-E for a few months with zero issues. Added another 2x of same memory for 8GB total. Settings were, and still are, as spec 7-8-7-24-2N 1600 at 1.35v. At 8GB after extensive memory testing I thought it was a smooth upgrade and everything was stable. Then a few hours later I got a BSOD about irql_not_less_or_equal. While most say thats often a driver problem, in my experience thats often a memory problem. And since memory I just upgraded, I knew I had a problem. I updated the bios to the latest. Since then ive had no further BSODs. However stability problems continue as games now crash to desktop that never have before. I have upped the voltage from 1.35 to 1.40 but my question and purpose for posting here is to ask, with four of these sticks, what should my settings be to guarantee stability?

Try the XMP Profile, that should work just fine with 4 modules. If not, test each individually to see which may be defective and simply send it is for new replacements.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X