only one F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ works

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only one F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ works

i got this ram and when i got the kit in errors after errors until windows blue screens then resets. i can only run windows for about 5 mins then blue screen. fixed as soon as i run just one stick in the kit. yet to find out if its the one perticular stick or not.

system specs

amd Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
    Asus M4A89TD PRO
    XFX Radeon HD 5850
    Western Digital Caviar Black 640 gb sata3
    and the ram in title

i noticed in other posts g-skill was telling people to up cpu/nb Volts, change timings, and change clock settings. i tired all of the ones i found and nothing would help just got things worse

also last but not least if i do RMA these do i have to send in both sticks(aka the whole kit disabling my comp for a while)or just the faultly one

You will need to test them individually to see which may be defective. If only one is defective, then you can keep the good one to use.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

ok well i got something going on thats really weird. i tested both sticks indivually and zero problems ran both memtest and LinX no errors. so i dropped both in and zero errors again. I power down the comp head to bed next morning the problems are back. after 2 resets i power down and change the slots the ram is in to the other slots and now zero problems. is this the cold boot problem i have read about on other threads on this forum?

Comment

Yes, please send them in for new replacements and that should solve the problem.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X