Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI with Gigabyte X58A-UD7

Hello guys
    I have been having trouble getting the RAM to work at the rated 1600 MHZ since the default XMP profile makes only 2 of the modules work i.e 4/6GB RAM detected. So my bios is always showing a voltage/overheating issue when I open the (MB Intelligent Tweaker) configuration page. So if I try to do some manual settings, the SPD settings are always read and they are shown as 1066 and not 1600 even with XMP on. This is creating quite a headache for me so any help would be appreciated.

Can someone please help me with the configuration of the RAM modules?

I am using Windows 7 x64.

In addition to the XMP Profile, set the QPI/VTT Voltage for the lowest stable value. If this doesn't work, try testing each memory module individually to see if one may be faulty.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

What would be the ideal settings QTI/VTT for the above RAM?

Comment

It varies from CPU to CPU, but typically this platform will need 1.25V-1.40V. I also don't know what your CPU is, so I have no clue. You will just want to go up to 1.40V to see what value is most stable.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I have an intel core i7 930 with a Gigabyte X58A-UD7 motherboard.

Thanks

Comment

Should be roughly 1.30V, but test for lowest stable value.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

wyxlie:

please refer my post.....http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=5534
              First reset CMOS,
              Go to BIOS, change only 2 settings
              1. VCore = 1.3000v

2. DRAM voltage = 1.6000v. Leave everything else.

3. Use EasyTune-6, under [Tuner] tab, select Quick Boost #3. Restart computer.

4. Again EasyTun-6, Tuner>advance tab, move memory slider to adjust your memory as close as possible to 1600 Mhz, I think for F3-128000 the max is 1600 Mhz. Click the [set] button.
              (My memory is DDR3-2000, I adjust to 1920 Mhz. If I set higher, computer would go into a booting loop)

5. Reboot the computer. After loading into windows. Open up CPU-Z, you should be able to see your memory approaching 800 Mhz (800 x2 =1600, the speed of DDR3-1600)
              Currently CPU-Z shows my CPU voltage=1.248v, DRAM voltage = 1.584v.
              CPU frequency = 3.524 Ghz, BCLK=160, multiplier = 22 CPU temp=53 C

6. Easytune-6 should adjust everything else for you. I don't have to adjust anything more in the BIOS.

Hope this helps.

Comment

That is one way to do it. DDR3-1920+ may be boot looping because you do not have enough QPI/VTT Voltage.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X