Hi all
    Built a machine a few days ago specs are

asus crosshair III formula
    amd phenom II 955 quad core
    8gb 4x2gb sticks ripjaw F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL ddr3 1600 mhz ram
    corsair 850w psu
    WD caviar sata 250gb hd
    Win 7 x64

I left the bios to default settings. installed windows all was fine.
    then i started getting random BSOD, crashing, sometimes works for a while then when shut down & restart it the next day i get the cold boot syndrome ran memtest all is ok.
    tried all the bios settings as listed on this forum and nothing, i cannot get it to run stable.

memory Will not run at 1600 which is one of the reasons i bought this
    can you please help GSKILL TECH
    Last edited by mikep1; 06-25-2010, 01:35 PM. Reason: more info

You will definitely need to raise CPU-NB Voltage to stabilize 8GB. Or, in case it is a memory problem, test each set seperately first to see if a module may be defective.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

as it stands bios setting is

FSB FREQUENCY 200
      PCI FREQUENCY 100
      CPU RATIO AUTO
      DRAM FREQUENCY 1600
      DRAM TIMING 9,9,9, 24 CR 2T
      DRAM VOLTAGE 1.51

EVEYTHING ELSE IS ON AUTO
      WHAT SHOULD THE CPU-NB Voltage be set to

I WILL RE TEST MEMORY INDIVIDUALLY

Comment

1.20V should be sufficient for CPU-NB Voltage.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

testing

i have run latest memtest84 on each individual sticks seperataly several times
          and one stick gives multiple errors from test 5 onwards, can you advise what to do now.
          either to return in pairs or on its own.

Thanks.
          Last edited by mikep1; 06-26-2010, 03:39 AM. Reason: more info

Comment

It is up to you whether you want to send in one stick or the entire kit.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Sent back to manufacture

I Returned one of the ram sets to the company i bought them off instead of sending back to GSKILL, as they were less than 2 wks old, the company have tested them & say they are fine, but i have tested these myself with memtest86 & one of them does clearly fail.
              as seen in the jpgs

http://www.4shared.com/photo/nEKOexFS/File0001.html
              http://www.4shared.com/photo/KmCjaHxl/File0002.html

Can you advise GSKILL,
              Thank you.
              Last edited by mikep1; 06-30-2010, 12:21 PM. Reason: pic

Comment

Ask the vendor to ship them to us for new replacements.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Re-Testing

I have forwarded this forum link To ARIA TECHNOLOGY as they are insisting that the memory module is fine. ARIA TECHNOLOGY have said they would contact you about this matter.
                  as you are aware i did purchase 4x2gb of GSKILL DDR3 1600 ripjaw, i am currently running my machine with 2 of the sticks, the other 2 were returned to ARIA TECHNOLOGY of which one of those failed on memtest86 module number is 10140640020874.
                  this is the reply i recieved from ARIA TECHNOLOGY

Dear Aria Customer

We would like to inform you that the Item that you returned to us on RMA238797 has been tested and has been rejected for the following reason

* RAM has been retested as working.

The item was only tested against the information you supplied on your original RMA request.
                  We are able to return your item to you; however this will be subject to a carriage fee. Please contact us on 0844 999 8999 Monday-Friday 9am-5pm (excluding Public and Bank
                  Holidays)
                  or by email at cserve@aria.co.uk to arrange delivery. We will also answer any queries you have regarding your item.
                  You have up to 90 days to arrange delivery and claim your item/s, after which time if no contact has been made they will unfortunately be disposed of.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.
                  For further information please see http://www.aria.co.uk/Support/Returns+Info

Kind Regards,

Aria Customer Services
                  Please do not respond to this as it is an automated email.

I would not have returned this memory to ARIA TECHNOLOGY but due to it being defective, all i would like is for a replacement, as the purchase was made in only a 2-3 wks ago with ARIA TECHNOLOGY i expect them to replace the product & not GKSILL.

please could you assist in this matter
                  thank you.

Comment

ARGH i have been there my friend

I have the 955c2 965c3 and now 1090Tx6. The ripjaw series ram will never work with that processor. If G Skill is kind enough and will allow it try to get them returned for the new Flare series RAM. I am speaking from much experience with these cpu's and Ripjaw RAM. I went through 2 sets that eventually died with this CPU. I have tried many motherboard's 3 PSU's vid cards, and Different versions of the PII x4's. They r just not meant to be together it seems. That RAM is great RAM, its the limitations of the memory controller. I definately would try to get the Flare series as G Skill put out an amazing product for AMD CPU's with them. I'm not saying u will get the 2000'mhz but probably u could get the 1800 mhz with your setup. I hope this helps in some way. Plz do yourself a favour and RMA those sticks and get the Flare series. Take Care oh and wow what a piece of work ARIA is! I'm feeling your pain man. Luckily G Skill has amazing Customer Service and Tech Support! oh and test 5 is exactly the test mine would start messing up at
                    Last edited by PitterAttack; 07-06-2010, 02:27 AM.

Comment

ripjaw

hi i have the same problem, i have the same motherboard and processor, and i get BSOD and crashing, sent memory back to aria technologies after running memtest 86 v4, one chip failed from test 5 onwards, aria refuse to replace it. hope we all get help. good luck

Comment

mikep1,

Have you tested each kit seperately? Each kit should be able to operate fine on your system, then you can try placing them together.

With these AMD platforms, an unstable memory controller/CPU can cause these problems and seem as if the memory is defective when it is not.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

TO GSKILL

In response to your last post.

i have tested the ram in pairs. and fails
                          i have tested with all four in and fails
                          i have tested in singles & it pionts to one module constantly failing as seen in the picture of an earlier post,
                          i have tested the failed module in each of the ram slots and fails.
                          i have also tested the ram with different bios settings for ram/cpu and still the same.

but ARIA TECHNOLOGY say theres nowt wrong

Comment

hi i have had more or less the same reply from the tech, cant they under stand only one memory stick fail, i have the same problem as you have, all we want is aria to replace defective items. ill never shop with them again.

Comment

We will contact them and see what we can do. Worst case scenario you can ship them to our Taiwan office for new replacements.

Thank you
                              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                              X