Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 x 2gb F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ - Asus Maximus Extreme III

Hiya

I was hoping someone could help me with a memory problem I am having.

It started out with an issue with my graphic driver (gtx295) starting and restopping, after several changes in graphic driver I came to the conclusion either the graphic card was faulty or a problem lied elsewhere. I decided to do some memory testing with Memtest and discovered several errors. I reported this back to my PC manufacturer and they replaced the memory, but I'm still getting a memory issue. It seems to be ok running 4gb off Channel A1 and B1 but if I go to 8gb errors come up. I can't believe the memory is defective.

Is there any recommended settings I could try to alter in the bios which might help ?

I have an i7 860 processor

Kind Regards

Do you have the latest BIOS? With the XMP Profile enabled, all should be fine.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hiya

Yes I have the 0805 bios, I have tried the xmp setting before but it didn't seem to have any effect, I will try it again though.

Kind Regards

Comment

We have the same exact combination here, works just fine, so you'll want to test each stick or each kit to insure no modules are defective.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hiya

I tried XMP mode its just the same works fine on 4gb but I have 187 errors detected when I try to go to 8gb.

This is the 2nd set of memory I have had the 1st set each stick worked fine on its own but I could only get 2 of the 4 sticks working together. Same with the 2nd set.

Kind Regards

Comment

You may need to send the memory in for new replacements. Sounds like these two kits may not sync well together. This is why we have 8GB kits as not any two kits will work together.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hiya

OK I will speak with my PC manufacturer again see what they say.

Kind Regards

Comment

Working...
              X