Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

confirming compatability, F3-12800CL(7, 8, 9)D-4GBECO in 12gb setup with ASUS RIIIE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• confirming compatability, F3-12800CL(7, 8, 9)D-4GBECO in 12gb setup with ASUS RIIIE

as stated, i'm just trying to confirm the use of the ECO's in the ASUS Rampage III Extreme board.

i like that they're low voltage with low CL to begin with, that's awesome. just curious about a 12gb setup at 1600+ (6x2) with this board. ASUS's PDF on supported memory states that the CL9 kit works fine in a 6x2 setup at 1600 but i was wondering if it's going to make a difference if the CL is lower? i may end up getting the CL8 cards since i can't seem to get my hands on the CL7's due to inventory issues at just about everywhere i can find them. thought maybe i could keep them between 1600-1800 and try tightening their timings similar to the CL7's or better.

bump

anything? i'd like to know before i make my buy.

Comment

Yes, you can technically use them, but your motherboard can't set to 1.35V VDIMM, so you need to use 1.50V. At 1.50V, the memory is capable of DDR3-1800, so you will need to run it at that.

But, I would suggest a triple channel kit instead.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...3%20x%202GB%29

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

i had actually planned on getting 3x the (2x2gb) kits for a total of 6 sticks and 12gb of total memory all together.

Comment

Do you plan to run them at DDR3-1800? Your motherboard can not reduce to 1.35V, so DDR3-1600 would have too high voltage.

In addition, 3 kits put together is not guaranteed.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X