Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL and Intel DP55WB - BSOD

Hello,

I have read the treads about "cold boot" issue, but my problem is a bit different.
    I have the following components:
    MB Intel DP55WB
    CPU Core i7 860 2.8 GHz
    Memory F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    PSU OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY

OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64
    The system is not overclocked.

The MB sets automatically the required settings for this memory (timings 9-9-9-24, 1.5v) and I only had to change the frequency from 1333 to 1600.

When tested with Prime95 I got errors in the calculations right away.
    Tried to install a game and got an error and the process stopped.
    When in Windows randomly it gives me BSOD and reboots the system, no matter what I am doing.

Tested with memtest86+ and it gave me hundreds of errors right away. I noticed memtest does not always recognize memory timings correctly. Sometimes it will give me 4-9-9-24 instead of 9-9-9-24 despite the fact BIOS shows 9-9-9-24. I also tried to set them manually in the BIOS. Did not change anything.

Troubleshooting steps I did:

1. Reinserted the memory swapping the DIMS
    2. Changed the PSU
    3. Changed the CPU with another i7-860
    4. Changed the MB with another DP55WB

... with no success.

I figured out if I remove the power cable for couple minutes and press the button to fully discharge the electricity the system is a bit more stable.

I have also tested with 2 x Kingston KVR1333D3N9/2G and the system was rock solid stable. No BSOD, run Prime95 for hours - no errors. Tested with Memtest - no errors and Memtest always shows the correct memory timings. Shut down the system for hours. No problem at all. Rebooted the system couple times - still stable.

Is this memory compatible with my motherboard as I did not see any Intel board in the Qualified Motherboards List for F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL?

What step should I take now?

Thanks,
    Last edited by etomcat; 06-16-2010, 01:04 PM.

Send the memory in for new replacements. You may have a bad module.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Sent the memory for replacement.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X