• Show
Clear All

• f3-12800cl9-2gbnq (6 gig (2 x 3)) -- Asus P6X58D-E

Motherboard: Asus P6X58D-E
    Memory: f3-12800cl9-2gbnq 6gigs (2g x3)
    CPU: Intel i7 930 (2.8ghz)
    PSU: corsair 750W
    Cooler: Tuniq's Tower 120 Extreme

I recently built my first system and everything went as smooth as butter with the exception of what seems to be the common issue of not reading the full amount of memory.

Right now i can get 6gigs working at 1333mhz with everything on auto, and only 4gigs working at 1600mhz.

I've been reading up on voltage troubleshooting since I feel my issue is a voltage/timing issue rather than bent pins, uneven cooler pressure, bad DIMM slot, bad memory, etc. Since I'm new I'd appreciate any suggestions and/or a link to a site which explains voltages on an entry level (QPI, DRAM, other acronyms).

Is there a standard voltage/timing for this setup to get the 1600mhz to run properly?
    Are there detrimental effects if it comes down to increasing the voltage?
    Is it worth any performance boost to actually get the 1600mhz working correctly? I'd rather stick with 1333mhz and 6gigs if it means taking risks (despite having paid for 1600mhz ram (I've read Intel warns about exceeding 1.65v yet I've seen suggestions of running at 1.64v (which seems..rather close))).

Thanks in advance

It is not the memory voltage that may be a problem, it is the memory controller voltage. Try raising the QPI/DRAM Voltage slightly to see if that helps.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yesterday, I managed to get it working at 1600mhz when i set QPI/DRAM to 1.3v, then i kept backing it down all the way back to auto and it remained working... strange..

Today i booted up (1st boot up since overnight) and it showed 4 gigs again at 1600mhz. I incremented QPI/DRAM to 1.35v but no avail.

What are some safe values to try?

Comment

1.35V should be enough. Send the memory in for new replacements and the new set should work better.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X