Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD bios settings or should I buy a different pair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD bios settings or should I buy a different pair?

Is this model going to work ideally with my setup by changing bios values or would I be better off with a different pair?

G.SKILL Trident 4GB (2 x 2gb) Model F3-16000CL9D-4GBTD on an Intel DP55KG LGA 1156 motherboard with an Intel i5 -750.

Thanks

Will be difficult reaching DDR3-2000 with that motherboard, so I would suggest a DDR3-1600 CL7 instead.

G.Skill F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO would be perfect. You can utilize the low voltage, and also set it to standard 1.50V for DDR3-1800 if you would like to increase memory bandwidth.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I purchased the ECO series you suggested but I keep receiving post code 21. I was able to boot putting both dimms in Channel B, but the board will not boot with both in dimm 0. Are you aware of any compatibility issues between these? If not, what do you suggest I try next?

Comment

No compatibility issues, sounds like the motherboard may be defective.

You tried the blue slots and the black slots? Did you configure memory settings in BIOS?

Post code 21 is chipset initializing problem. Try setting the memory and see if it works, if not, you may need to exchange the motherboard.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I solved the boot problem, I was getting a short on the board because of a defective heat sink.

Anyways, the ram is working great once windows runs for awhile but when I cold boot I am getting memory errors (blue screen) it usually pops up after 1 to 2 minutes.

Could you give me suggestions for bios?

I have these settings right now:
          Host Clock: 133
          tCl: 7
          tRCD: 8
          tRP: 7
          tRAS: 24
          tRFC: 88
          tRRD: 5
          tWR: 12
          tWTR: 6
          tRTP: 6
          tRC: 40
          tFAW: 15

Memory Voltage: 1.35v
          Uncore VoltageOverride: 1.1v
          Command Rate: 2T

Comment

If you are having a cold boot problem, send them in for new replacements.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X