• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws 1600 (2x2gb CL8) = 1333??

Ram: Ripjaws 1600 (2x2gb CL8)
    MB: GA-H55M-USB3
    CPU: i5 750

Even at 1.55V the ram is refusing to run at 1600, cpu is at 17x160 so 2.7ghz.
    What am I doing wrong, should I have bought kingston x?

What do you mean by refusing? What type of problems are you having? Post pictures of the BIOS and we can see exactly what's going on.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I mean if I try to set the Ram to 1600 it throws a wobbly.

Comment

Comment

You can see where at 17x160 the system fails, yet if I change the multiplier to 21x133 it starts fine (leaving ram at 1333).

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard? Try increasing the QPI/VTT Voltage to see if that will help.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ok so from what I understand as long as I keep the the QPI/Vtt under 1.3 I should be sweet as. So if I was to push this to 1.25 what should I have the ram at?

Comment

This is where I can't help you. Each CPU is slightly different, so the required voltage will be slightly different. This is why we ask all users to find the lowest stable value, since we can not simply give out a voltage to plug and play.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Sorry I just assumed that since I bought 1600 ram it would run at 1600 as it has done in the past with 800 and 400 modules so this is all very new to me as well.

Max Voltage for my Cpu is 1.4 (Intel specs) and fron what I have been reading I should try stay below 1.3 for QPI/VTT.

So what is this ram supposed to run it (as in dram voltage) and what is a safe voltage to stay below???

Comment

DRAM Voltage is fine at 1.60V (rated); it always will be as long as you stay below DDR3-1700.

CPU Voltage is only increased when you raise teh CPU Frequency.

QPI/VTT Voltage 1.30V is Intel's spec. You just not need any more than that for this particular memory anyway. Try 1.20V and see if that will stabilize the memory.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                    X