Crosshair IV + F3-12800CL9Q-8GBRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crosshair IV + F3-12800CL9Q-8GBRL

I bought the F3-12800CL9Q-8GBRL 8 GB DIMM package but it doesn't work in a ASUS Crosshair IV formula.

The facts:
    * AMD X6 1055T, ASUS Crosshair IV, F3-12800CL9Q-8GBRL (2 x 4 GB RAM)
    * both modules are working in A1, no Motherboard or RAM failures
    * 4 GB in A1 and 4 GB in B1 => only one 4 GB module recognized
    * 4 GB in A2 and 4 GB in B2 => only one 4 GB module recognized
    * 4 GB in A1 and 4 GB in A2 => only one 4 GB module recognized and a BOD
    * tested with ASUS BIOS 0801, 0903
    * D.O.C.P with 4 GB A1 and 4 GB in B1 tested, no changes, only only 4 GB module recognized

That's hard, due to the fact that the specification declares that the Motherboard supports 4 GB RAM modules. Is there any G.SKILL 4 GB RAM module out there, that is supported?

Is there any hope for support for the F3-12800CL9Q-8GBRL?

Thank you!

The memory is supported, many people are using this combination. Sounds like you may have a bad motherboard.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      The memory is supported, many people are using this combination. Sounds like you may have a bad motherboard.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH
      I've searched two hours with search engines for evidences for the F3-12800CL9Q8GBRL / ASUS Crosshair IV Formula combination and in my opinion it has no evidences. Yes, the F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH seems to work properly with the ASUS Crosshair IV, but not the F3-12800CL9Q-8GBRL. On the product website http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=222 the ASUS Crosshair isn't in the list.

You mean the F3-12800CL9Q-8GBRL should work with the ASUS Crosshair IV? Any suggestions are helpfull.

Comment

You may not find exactly that model, but there are other similar RL series like the 4GB modules, that many people are using. Due to the color combination, many people are using the 8GB and 16GB models of this series.

The Crosshair IV isn't on the list because it was released much after the RL series. But even ASUS has this memory, and they use it when writing the BIOS, XMP Profile, etc. so it is surely compatible.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

You may not find exactly that model, but there are other similar RL series like the 4GB modules, that many people are using. Due to the color combination, many people are using the 8GB and 16GB models of this series.

The Crosshair IV isn't on the list because it was released much after the RL series. But even ASUS has this memory, and they use it when writing the BIOS, XMP Profile, etc. so it is surely compatible.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH
          May I ask which other series that has 4 GB per DIMM and 1600 MHz or higher you mean? There is no 4 GB DIMM on the QVL from ASUS for the Crosshair IV (not III) and the G.SKILL RAM configurator says for the ASUS Crosshair there are only DDR2 DIMMS to choose. It would be nice, if I can choose other 4 GB modules for a 16 GB configuration.

In my opinion it is a BIOS problem and ASUS haven't addressed it yet. Have a look on articles like http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...Language=en-us and http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?...Language=en-us.

Comment

The people in those articles are just as confused. It is not a BIOS problem, this type of situation happens once in a while, and it is either the motherboard or CPU. Most of the time, the motherboard is the culprit. A simple replacement should solve the problem.

Here are the 16GB kits available: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...on=gskill+16gb

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH
              Which other series with 4 GB per DIMM from G.SKILL do you mean? On search engines there are really no evidences for the Crosshair IV Formular and 4 GB per DIMM per slot configuration. Customers need a little bit of validation.

Comment

Originally posted by GTware View Post
                Which other series with 4 GB per DIMM from G.SKILL do you mean? On search engines there are really no evidences for the Crosshair IV Formular and 4 GB per DIMM per slot configuration. Customers need a little bit of validation.
                One 4 GB DIMM in A1 slot and one 4 GB DIMM in B2 slot works. ASUS advises to use A1 and B1 for performance for a dual channel configuration. I will try a replacement.

Comment

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...PC3%2012800%29

You can ask ASUS engineers as well, we work closely for full compatibility between our products.

Edit: Have you told them about your specific problem? If they are "real", they should say the same thing I did, and help you...

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH
                  Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 06-10-2010, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Mxcfww

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...PC3%2012800%29

You can ask ASUS engineers as well, we work closely for full compatibility between our products.

Edit: Have you told them about your specific problem? If they are "real", they should say the same thing I did, and help you...

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH
                    Magic happens. Now the A1 + B1 configuration with 4 GB DIMM on each slot works. Very painfull in cause i don't know why it now works. In which way I can contact the ASUS engineers? Via the forum?

Comment

Forum, or search their website for contact info. You already confirmed they work though right?

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                      X