New build DDR 3 Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build DDR 3 Questions

Hello all, I am trying to avoid wasting time and money getting the wrong part the first time on my new build. My goal here is trying to make sure all parts i get will still be in use years down the road instead of sitting in a box of parts I " might someday want again". here is what I have so far: AMD 1090T, Asus crosshair Iv formula motherboard, Asus Xonar D2x for sound, Asus 24 in display, seventeam 1200 watt power supply, windows 7 64 bit, 3 WD SATA 3 black 1 TB drives, Asus DVD writer and H50 To keep the processor cool. As far as video I'm planing to use a Asus 5970 card. ( this will be the last piece i get when money becomes available) DDR3 is the only thing i cant decide on. My current computer is a P4 with 2gb of ram and it isnt nearly enough running 32 bit software so only 2x 2 gb doesnt seem like much when the mother board supports 16 gb. I would prefer to run 4 gb modules but from what i can tell its really gonna drag down the ability of the motherboard to run the max. One idea from another manufacture is to use 2x 4 gb modules as a happy medium between volume of memory and speed. What do you guys recommend for my build. I do mainly photo editing, video editing and music recording and editing. I want to have the machine also be a good gamer but that isn't the TOP priority.

Join the club, this is what many people are using for the same exact needs as you. Any one will work just fine.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...2%20x%204GB%29

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X