Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ripjaws and 890GX

Hello,

The search is taking too long on this temporary internet connection, hence I am posting this query. Apologies, if a similar thread already exists.

I have an AMD Phenom x4 955 C3 revision processor, an Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3, and Gskill Ripjaws 1600 Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL .

I am using windows 7 x64 and it gave me an error during installation itself. I used a friend's ram and installed windows and now windows boots with my RAM and works for a while and then gives blue screen. Sometimes, it gives a blue screen immediately after booting. It gave blue screen while running prime 95 from windows. IN the bios everything is on default (auto) thus it is running at 1333Mhz. Still, it gives blue screen. What do i have to change in the BIOS to get it to run stable? I have read and heard great reviews of this RAM everywhere and was really looking forward to enjoying my new rig... but alas!

BTW, the sticks are installed in the correct, color coded slots.

Help please!
    Thanks,
    Thetrooper

I have also plenty of problems but first of all instead of having everytinhg on default, have you tried using the XMP profile (if possible on this board and this processor): at least you will have it as DDR3-1600, which is not the case from what you say.
    I have also plenty of problems with Ripjaws 1600 ( but the RM version) but on an ASUS motherboard P7P55D Pro with an i7-860.
    I hope you will fix it.
    Regards
    Bruno

Comment

I tried hunting for the XMP profile. Couldn't figure out. There's an "OC" ability in the bios to set the timings to 1600. But even after doing that the problem persists. I tried running the sticks individually. Same problem. Please help me!!

Comment

Make sure memory is set to DRAM Frequency DDR3-1600, DRAM Timings tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2, DRAM Voltage 1.50V. If you still have problems, test them individually to see if one may be defective. Let us know the results.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X