• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ and BSOD

Model of the motherboard: M61PMP-K
    Model of the memory: F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ, DDR3 1600 PC3-12800
    Model of the CPU:AMD Athlon II X3 435 Processor

What is the problem?
    I performed a Microsoft update and resulted in my computer receiving BSOD without end, even in safe mode. I attempt to reinstall W7 x64 and receive a 0x80070241 message about 'missing or corrupt files' in the installation disk, but the disk works on other computers. BSOD message I receive involve at least the following:

irql_not_less_or_equal
    page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
    memory_management

I searched various forums and found that these errors may be a result of a bad memory module. Sorry, I don't know much about the software and hardware of computers, so please give me a hand, thanks!

How do you have the memory set up in BIOS?

Make sure it is DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

DRAM speed 1333MHz
      Memory Voltage - Default
      DRAM Configuration
      Tcl - 9 CLK
      Trcd - 9 CLK
      Trp - 9CLK
      Tras - 24CLK
      Trrd - 4 CLK
      Trc - 33 CLK

When you type DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V, are the 8-8-8-24 referring to Tcl, Trcd, Trp, and Tras respectively? I also am not sure how to check my memory voltage because it says set to default and other options include +0.04 up to +0.20. I'm using 1985-2006 CMOS Setup Utility American Megatrends. Sorry for my ignorance, thanks for your time!

Comment

Yes, you have the right idea for timings. The memory voltage is 1.50V default, so you should be fine with default.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I may not be setting these values correctly, but Tcl comes out as 6CLK when I set it to 8. Also, the 1333MHz becomes 1066MHz. I am thinking that because some other settings are in AUTO, when I manual change certain values, these AUTO values also change accordingly. This is what I have for my DRAM TIMING CONFIGURATION

Memory Configuration:
          Enable Clock to All DIMMs : Disabled
          Memory Hole Remapping: Enabled
          DCT Unganged Mode: Always
          OnChip VGA Frame Buffer Size: Disabled

Memory Clock Mode: AUTO
          DRAM Timing Mode: BOTH
          -CAS Latency 8CLK (actual 6CLK)
          -tRCD 8CLK
          -tRP 8CLK
          -tRTP AUTO
          -tRAS 24CLK
          -tRC AUTO (actual 27CLK)
          -tWR AUTO
          -tRRD AUTO
          -TrwtT0 AUTO
          -TwrrD AUTO
          -tWTR AUTO
          -Twrwr AUTO
          - Trdrd AUTO
          - tRFC0 AUTO
          -tRFC1 AUTO
          -tRFC2 AUTO
          -tRFC3 AUTO

With these actual settings, my computer continues to get BSOD and crash. I am truly thinking this is a defective hardware issue. Anyways, thanks for your patience and help!

Comment

What do you mean by actual? Where are you reading the tCL 6 and tRC 27?

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Here are the screens I am looking at. I set the values to tCL value to 8, but it comes out 6. Also, the DRAM speed changes from 1333 to 1067 as a result of my altering some of the configuration values.

Thanks for your help!

Comment

MemClock Mode should be Manual.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

I still receive BSOD with these set values. What further action should I take?

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard? Have you tested each module individually, one at a time?

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes, I have the latest BIOS. I've also run the computer with each individual module when I first joined the forum.

Comment

What are voltages and frequencies set to?

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi,

What do you mean by frequency of the ram? I try to set the DRAM speed to 1333MHz, but it often comes out as 1067MHz. The voltage is set to 'default', which I believe is 1.50V.

Comment

It will only operate at what you have it set at. So if it is set to DDR3-1333, it will operate at DDR3-1333 not DDR3-1066.

Have you tried testing one stick at a time to make sure it is not one defective module causing the problem?

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

I see...Well, when I set the speed to 1333MHz, then I cannot get the recommended 8,8,8,24 settings and vice versa. I've also tested each module individually with no success. If I have no success within the next week, I'll be ordering new ram. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

Working...
                              X