• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• p7p55d-e pro with f3-12800cl7d-4gbeco

Motherboard: Asus p7p55d-e pro
    Memory: f3-12800cl7d-4gbeco
    CPU: Intel I5-750 (Lynnfield) BX80605I5750

PC has worked fine since January when I built it, XMS memory settings were used in the bios. I turned the machine off for the memorial day weekend; When i returned on Monday night and attempted to boot up, it wouldn't boot beyond where it states the memory speed in the POST section. I took the side off the case to view the troubleshootin LEDs which kept timing out on memory. I then tried holding in the MemOK button and successfully booted to a point where I could enter the bios (Ram showed 1333Mhz). I attempted to save settings as-is and boot, failed. Redid previous steps, set to XMS, failed. Redid previous steps, manually set to 1333 and conservative clock timings, failed. Redid previous steps, selected auto, failed. Redid previous steps, forced ram to 999242t and set to 1066 and it will get to the loading windows screen before powering off (the farthest i'v been able to get since the issue began) MemOK will allow me to change bios settings, but nothing I have selected will result in booting beyond where POST checks memory.

I have browsed these forums and tried a plethora of other suggestions I've seen to get things working, too much for me to type every step i've done. I just want my system to work.

just want to comment since i know some others have similar hardware; I am not suffering BSODs, i cant even get into windows.

Comment

Test each module with the XMP Profile to determine whether one module may be defective.

If so, send it in for a new replacement.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

I'm pretty sure my cpu doesn't like the overclock its getting by using the XMP setting. when i do this, the LED for an error on CPU lights up and doesn't even get to fail at the memory.

I checked each stick individually using the same method as listed above. XMP causes a failure at the cpu with all 3 combinations, and all the other above listed attempts result in an error at the memory check.

when memok boots me, it's running at 1333mhz for the memory, but i dont know what timings/voltage.
        Last edited by driz; 06-03-2010, 02:31 PM.

Comment

The memory should work just fine with the XMP Profile. Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

i have the latest bios, although when it worked it was about 5 revisions ago. the problem existed under the old bios and the new.

after reading through the forums, i see a lot of "XMP should work" yet, it does not? Perhaps OCZ or mushkin from now on.

Comment

Working...
            X