BSOD's with m4a89gtd pro usb 3.0 and ripjaw 4gb stick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD's with m4a89gtd pro usb 3.0 and ripjaw 4gb stick

i have one stick so far. going to buy another from newegg soon maybe real soon since it's on sale again for 20 off.
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL
    I have an xfx radeon 5770 1gb vid card and a 585 watt psu.

My problem lately is that i get the blue screen of death when on the internet. it's not constant but i've been getting it lately. I get the "page fault in non paged area" message. first the the lower half of the screen goes fuzzy and scrambled then the bsod shows up and the computer restarts. i ran memtest once and it showed no issues. i also ran the windows memory diagnostic tool and nothing showed up. my dram voltage was 1.54 but i lowered it over the weekend to 1.5 to see how it works. would the voltage set at 1.54 have caused the issues? i'm still testing the computer to see if it'll do it again.

my timing is 9-9-9-24. i am thinking of lowering it and raising the voltage but not sure what settings would be ideal for that. my cpu is the amd phenom II x3 2.8ghz heka black edition with amd stock fan. rosewill challenger case.
    Last edited by Worm_Infested; 06-01-2010, 04:56 PM. Reason: forgot to clarify on cpu

Comment

The memory voltage is fine at 1.50V. Try increasing NB Frequency to x11 2200MHz and CPU-NB Voltage +0.1V and see how that works.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

i'll try that when i get home today and test it out for a couple hours and run the computer solid for awhile. i take it upping the NB freq will help stabilize the memory some? i know i have only stick currently but will performance increase by adding another for dual channel?

Comment

Yes, the NB Frequency will surely help the RAM stabilize. And yes, another module will allow the memory to operate in dual channel for added performance.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X