No announcement yet.

Did I Buy the Wrong RAM? F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL and ASUS M4A77TD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I couldn't get those values to go exactly as you have it written. The lowest value the VDDNB Over Voltage variable would accept was 0.9000. I assume when you write "+0.1V" that means I should enter the value for that variable as 1.1000, right?

Same with the HT Over Voltage, it's minimum value was 1.25000 V and max was 1.38500 V, so I guess that means I should set it to a total value of 1.3000 V? Anyway, it would only let me increment in values of .015 so I think the closest I can get is either 1.29500 V or 1.31000 V.

Anyway, I wanted to make sure this was right before I actually implemented it because I didn't want my new computer to KB! like it was a prop on an episode of Star Trek.

Anyway, screenshot! If this is right let me know so I can try this out. : )

Comment

I went ahead with those settings, it doesn't appear to have blown up my computer. However, with HT overvoltage at both 1.29500 and 1.31000 and RAM at PC1600, I get errors. I dialed the speed down to 1333 and currently testing it...

Comment

Last I checked it, 19 hours running at DDR3-1333 with no errors. Would it help running it at DDR3-1666 to add a little more juice to the RAM voltage?

Comment

Without a BE, it may not be capable of DDR3-1600+. Try RAM Voltage at 1.60V max, but most likely it is not the reason for limitation.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

What's a BE?

Comment

BE is black edition and applies to your CPU...

BE CPUs have an unlocked multiplier for overclocking.

Comment

Your CPU is struggling to operate DDR3-1600. Because you have a non-Black Edition CPU, you are unable to overclock or adjust the necessary CPU settings to "force" the CPU to operate at DDR3-1600. This is why AMD only states DDR3-1333 as max memory frequency, but with the BE's people are working around that problem.

What you can do is operate the memory at DDR3-1333, reduce timings to 8-8-8-24, and the overall speed should be essentially the same as DDR3-1600 CL9.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks for the info.

Anyway, with the previously recommended settings for voltage and ram speed/timings it ran without a single error for over 70 hours in memtest, so I'm pretty happy with my system right now and I'm calling the problem solved. Tonight I'll change the timings to 8-8-8, see how that works and then report back with my findings and an ultimate summary.

Comment

Working...
                  X