Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Bios settings

Hi,

My name is Todd and I recently purchased F3-12800CL9T-3GBNQ memory for my i7 920 build. When the memory was first installed (in numerical order #...0, #....1, #...2) on Asrock X58 Deluxe Motherboard the Windows index score for memory was around 7. Now it is only being rated at 5.5. I noticed your site has numerous guides for setup with specific memory and mobo's. Is there any way that I can get one for this setup. Currently the memory is selected as 800Mhz PC1600 with timings set at 9-9-9-24 but the performance is still slow. Is there something I'm missing? Also, the voltage is set for less than 1.5V in BIOS but there is no option for 1.50, only 1.4? and 1.5?. is there another voltage that can be selected besides 1.50? Also, once I overclock CPU to 3.6, every other option for memory is there except for 800Mhz PC1600. Any help is appreciated and a step by step guide would make me recommend your memory to everyone I know! I'm a noob to having to adjust ram manually and the more detail you give, the better. Thanks for your help!!!

This is the email I sent to ASRock that may have more info you need to help me:

I INSTALLED MEMORY AND WINDOWS INDEX SCORE WAS ABOUT 7.5 FOR MEMORY PERFORMANCE. 800MHZ PC1600 IS SELECTED (ONLY WHEN CPU IS NOT OC'D BECAUSE SETTINGS GET CHANGED ONCE CPU IS OC'D.) NOW THE SCORE IS 5.5 FOR SOME REASON AND I THINK I HAVE THE CORRECT TIMINGS IN AS 9-9-9-24 BUT I'M NOT SURE IF ANYTHING ELSE NEEDS TO BE CHANGED LIKE VOLTAGE B\C THERE IS NO SETTING FOR 1.5 V AND I DO NOT WANT TO BURN OUT MEMORY. IS THERE A GUIDE ON HOW TO ADJUST BIOS WITH THESE. ALSO, ONCE I OVERCLOCK THE CPU TO 3.6 THE 800MHZ PC1600 OPTION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE FOR SELECTION. ANY REASON WHY? DO YOU HAVE A MANUAL ON HOW TO SET CORRECT VALUES FOR RAM? I'VE SUBMITTED THIS QUESTION BEFORE AND JUST GOTTEN CANNED ANSWERS BACK. SUPPORT TOLD ME TO ADJUST SETTINGS IN BIOS. I ALREADY KNOW THAT THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE BUT I'M NOT SURE WHICH SETTINGS GET CHANGED TO WHAT VALUES.

Email

My email is toddman876180@yahoo.com if you prefer to email me. Thanks again!

Comment

Make sure the memory is installed in the blue or white slots only. The memory should be set as DDR3-1600 (800MHz). Timings are tCL 9 - tRCD 9 - tRP 9 - tRAS 24 - Command Rate 2. DRAM Voltage 1.5V. If you continue to have problems, test them individually to see if one may be defective.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X