Guaranteed-Compatible Memory for Asus P6X58D-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guaranteed-Compatible Memory for Asus P6X58D-E

I'm trying to find Guaranteed-Compatible Memory for Asus P6X58D-E, but I can only find at G.Skill's site Guaranteed-Compatible Memory for older Asus P6X58D Premium.

I want to use 12GB, either as 3x4GB or as 2x3x2GB.

Best Regards,

Avi

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...on=gskill+12gb

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you for your answer!

Are you saying that ALL 12GB GSkill sold on newegg is certified (i.e. guranteed, ensured, no questions asked free replacement) by G.Skill to work on the Asus P6X58D-E?

Comment

Yeeeep. Free replacement for lifetime if they are defective, doesn't work properly, etc. etc.

G.Skill is the only memory you'll ever need. =)

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you for your very fast answer!

And for 24GB? Are those memories also certified to work with the P6X58D-E?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...n=gskill+24gb+

Comment

Indeed they are!

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

24 one shot, or two 12s?

Is buying 24GB now (F3-10666CL9T2-24GBRL) the same as buying 12GB now (F3-10666CL9T-12GBRL) and then buying another F3-10666CL9T-12GBRL?

I'm quite sure I don't need more than 12GB right now, but I want to know if I have an upgrade path to 24GB if I need it.

Or should 24GB just be approached using a 24GB kit such as the 24GBRL?

Avi
              (P.S. your image verification is REALLY hard - I keep failing )

Comment

haha, image verification set to genius user. You will need to compute mathematical calculations soon before you can post. =P

Yes, purchasing two is essentially the same as purchasing one, but they may not operate properly together. Even same exact model modules may not work properly together all the time, which is where the problem comes in. If this happens, you simply have to send the memory in for a new tested matching set.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

What about 2 6GB kits?

Does this equate to the possibility of 2x(3x2GB) kits falling under the same guarantee?
                  for the following setup?

NOTE: there are 2 different MOBO options:

Mobo: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R(Rev.1.0) & Asus P6x58D-E
                  CPU: i7 930 1366
                  Ram: 2 x (3x2GB) Kits F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI
                  GPU: 1 x XFX-5700 1GB + 1 x Gigabyte 5460 1GB
                  PSU: CoolerMaster GX 750W
                  HDD: OS = 1 WD 500GB w/16MB Cache
                  Optical: pioneer Sata DVD+-R / DL ...etc

Comment

Those are only tested as 6GB kits, so each 6GB kit should work together, but putting them together may not.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
                      Those are only tested as 6GB kits, so each 6GB kit should work together, but putting them together may not.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH
                      Can you tell me any 12GB kits (3x4GB Dimm) that your guys offer and are tested & guaranteed compatible with Gigabyte x58a-Ud3r?

Also, what would be the performance difference between 1333 & 1600 on this type of kit?
                      and I presume that the same issue with the kits being tested together in a 3x4GB configuration and not a 6x4GB configuration, could be an issue when adding a 2nd kit to the ones you might suggest?

Thx In advance!

Comment

Here are the 3 x 4GB kits:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...3%20x%204GB%29

DDR3-1333 and DDR3-1600 will be very close. If you overclock the CPU, it will be more beneficial for DDR3-1600 as it increases memory bandwidth.

Yes, purchasing two 3 x 4GB kits can be an issue too, but many times it is successful, so it just depends.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                        X