Help me choose mem for P6X58D-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me choose mem for P6X58D-E

Hi peeps I allready own 4GB F3-12800CL7D-4GBRH I use this kit on my Asus P7P55D-Evo. It works brilliant in fact its the best memory ive ever owned it runs DDR2000 9 9 9 24 1T 1.64v

Now im trying to decide what to do should i buy the same kit again and add 3 modules to
    P6x58D-E. Ive tried 4GB in dual channel mode which work fine at 1600Mhz 7 7 7 24 1t

Or should i go with a new tri-channel kit. My cpu is allready set to 4.2Ghz i want at least 1600mhz or maybe 2000mhz. Help me decide I would luv to have 1600mhz stuff that is capable of 2000mhz. Which are the best modules to go for (P6X58D-E) ??

Thanx in advance

G.Skill F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI

This is our high performance triple channel kit. It is also capable of the same DDR3-2000 specs.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Bought same kit again

Hi i couldnt find the kit you guys recommended. I picked up the same memory. So now i have 4 x 2GB sticks. The new kit states 1.6v and the older kit is rated at 1.65v. Have the IC's changed ?

Im using 3 x 2GB for triple channel ive set 1.6v in bios also tried 1.64v both settings seem to work @ Cas 7 7 7 24 1T

I wanted to know how much QPI/Dram volatge is needed for this kit?

Im currently running 21X200 4.2Ghz DDR1603 cpu 1.325v (actual 1.31v)

Im not planning on overclocking the memory also what should the RTL values be for DDR3 1600 (for channel AB & C)

I was stable with 2 x 2GB dual channel mode now that im adding a 3rd stick temps seem to go higher.

I would really appreciate any input.

Kind regards

Irfy

Comment

Yes, temps will be much higher since there are two more modules. QPI/DRAM Voltage is higher, which causes higher CPU temperature. This voltage is slightly different from CPU to CPU, so it is something you will need to test for the lowest stable value.

For RTL, follow this guide:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/2869/6

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X