F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD and X58A-UD7 - Unable to run on 1600Mhz Cas 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD and X58A-UD7 - Unable to run on 1600Mhz Cas 6

Well i just bought a G.Skill 6GB Tri-Channel Trident Cas 6 Kit (F3-12800CL6T-6GBTD). My system configuration is -

Intel i7-930
    Gigabyte EX58A-UD7 F5 BIOS
    Corsair HX850
    WD Raptor 74GB
    GTX 275
    Lian-Li PC-A77F.

My system runs on the default Ram speeds of 1066Mhz and 7-7-7-20-1N timings (Dram V - 1.5, QPI/Vtt - 1.175).

My CPU speeds are untouched at 2.8GhZ. All settings are on default. When i switch the XMP profile to Profile1, the following settings are applied automatically.

memory Frequency - 1600Mhz
    Timings - 6-7-6-18-2T
    DRAM Voltage - 1.65V
    QPI/Vtt Voltage - 1.175V

When i restart my system after saving the settings, it halts on a C1 error, which is a memory failure error.

I tried putting in the settings manually, and though it boots on 1600 Mhz 6-7-6-18-2T, it shows up only 2GB of the 6GB, and Channel A and B in the BIOS show empty settings. the best i have been able to get out of these sticks are 1600Mhz 7-7-7-20-2T at 1.66V (UD7 has not 1.65 option). I ran memtest86 v4.1 on these settings for a couple of hours, without any errors.

I have tried raising the QPI/Vtt to 1.375, but that doesn't get me anything.

Another friend of mine with the same setup as mine just used the XMP profile out of the box, and its working fine for him. I'll be taking the sticks to another setup, and maybe trying another i7 chip on my rig just to weed out any hardware issues.

But is there any setting i am missing ? That can help me get these sticks working on the advertised speeds ?

bumpppp....

Comment

With the XMP Profile and setting the proper QPI/VTT Voltage, you should have no problems. Test each module individually with the XMP Profile and that will sort out any bad modules.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I had already tested the individual modules with the XMP as well as manual settings. No go, with either of the 3 sticks. And i really think that all three can't be bad together.

Also i tried running the modules with a QPI/VTT as high as 1.4, still they don't work. My friend is able to run them out of the box without any change in QPI settings, and he has the exact same config. So i am not sure what is wrong.

Comment

So even one module will not POST? You may have a defective motherboard..

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
          X