ASUS P7P55D Delxue + F3-10600CL8D- stability problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS P7P55D Delxue + F3-10600CL8D- stability problems

For some reason I cannot get 8GB of F3-10600CL8D-4GBHK to run at speed, though if I underclock it to 1066 it works fine.

MOB: Asus P7P55D Deluxe (bios 1408)
    i7 860 (not overclocked)
    4x2GB F3-10600CL8D (2 sets of 2x2GB)
    Video: ASUS EAH5850 (ATI 5850)
    Win7 Pro 64 bit

I've ran Memtest on each set and on all 4 sticks, with no errors found.

I was originally running 2x2GB with default settings perfectly fine but once I added the other 2 sticks I've had no success. I enabled XMP (setting the timings to 8-8-8-21) with with no luck. I've also tried tweaking the IMC voltage and DRAM voltage, several tries at each, again with no success. It always posts but it'll freeze sometime in Win7, sometimes at the login screen, other times as soon as I get to the desktop.

I currently have it running underclocked to 1066 with the rest of the settings at default (timings ended up 8-8-8-20 somehow, but it's working). I've already RMAed on set of RAM.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Enable XMP Profile under Ai Overclock Tuner, then simply find the precise voltage for IMC Voltage. It may need up to 1.35V.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I've tried that with several different voltages spanning 1.10 to 1.35 all with failure (8-10 attempts). Sometimes it freezes at the desktop, other times at the windows splash screen, and once it simply died and rebooted before it got to the Windows screen.

Is it possible that only one specific voltage (of the ~40 options) would be stable?

I figured that several would work, then I'd just have to refine down to the minimum necessary voltage.

Comment

Typically a few options will be most stable, so you just want to find the one slightly up.

Meaning if BIOS shows that is is operating at 1.31V-1.32V fluctuating, 1.33V would be fine. Under stress, it may be require slightly more, which is why you set one higher to compensate.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I've tried every voltage from 1.1 to 1.35 in 0.05V steps with no luck.

I guess I'll have to go back and try with a smaller step size.

Comment

Post pictures of the BIOS and I can see if anything else is set incorrectly.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X