• Show
Clear All

• Booting issue F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ

EVGA X58 TRI SLI 132-BL-E758-A1
    i7 920 Bloomfield D0 Stepping @ 3.2GHz cooled by Corsair H-50 Push-Pull
    EVGA 896-P3-1265-AR GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 896MB
    Corsair TX850W
    G.SKILL 6GB DDR3 F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ

I don't know why but i recently started having random booting issues with my system. It works fine for several days without any problems then it pops up again.
    The system starts to boot up, then it shuts off, restarts and shuts off again in the matter of seconds. It won't post. The motherboard stays turned on. It eventually boots up after several trial and errors and posts without me making any changes to the system.
    I have no other issues with the system. Once i manage to boot it, it works perfectly fine.
    This would happen on both, stock and my current overclocked settings.

I don't know whether it is the same cold boot issue that so many are reporting on this forum but it does only happen when powering the system back on after a prolonged time.

Ram settings

tCL Setting ( 9 )
    tRCD Setting ( 9 )
    tRP Setting ( 9 )
    tRAS Setting ( 24 )
    tRFC Setting ( 88 )
    Command Rate ( 1t )

Memory Voltage 1.60v

Send them in for new replacements and that should solve the problem.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

So you think that it is memory related? I want to be really sure before i RMA them.

Comment

Yes, sounds like it.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

I received the new ram about two weeks. The system booted up without any issues whatsoever and it ran fine for about two weeks or so. Guess what. I am starting to have the exact same issue again. So, what's with this ram guys?

Comment

Have you tried using one stick at a time to see if the same problem occurs with each stick? I would suggest doing that to begin isolating what else may be causing the problem.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes, of course i did. I tried all three memory sticks in each dimm slot on the motherboard.

It eventually starts up after numerous tries. As i said, exact same issue.

Comment

If you'd like, send them in for new replacements to see if the new set works better.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

I am going to try to borrow my friends triple channel ram to see whether i will run into the same problem. Once i have done so, i will report back here.

Comment

Working...
                  X