Cold Boot Issues - G. Skill PLEASE READ AND RESPOND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?p=21682#post21682
    This is my thread, I increase the voltages that said me one of tech members and the problem is still there. I have photos of my BIOS and now Im uploading viteo to youtube so you can see what happens. My solution is when the cold boot hapens i shut down the pc of all then I restart it and no problem, you can see it in the video.

Comment

My PSU is OCZ MOD XTREAM 700W. there is any program to test it?

Comment

here is the video, check it.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0AXU4kOVj0

Comment

Update

Update:

I received my RAM today, plopped it in my PC, set the timings and memory voltages to default specs, and booted into Memtest first thing. I made it through a single pass with NO ERRORS! I'm pretty excited. I'm going to turn my system off tonight and let it run Memtest tomorrow while I'm at work. If everything goes well, I would strongly suggest that anyone experiencing these cold boot issues (as described in this thread), who purchased their memory with the past month or so, send them in for RMA and request your replacements be tested before shipping them to you. Even if you've sent them in once, G. Skill VERY recently revised their RAM. I'm not sure what the revision was, but it seems to be working so far. You might as well pay to have them shipped off again unless you want to spend another $100+ for new RAM and a cool new set of paperweights. I might be speaking too soon, but I have high hopes.

Good Luck
          AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE
          MSI 790FX-GD70
          G. Skill 2X 2GB 1600Mhz # ends 4GBNQ
          Nvidia GTX 260
          Corsair H50 Water Cooling
          Corsair 750W PSU

Comment

Woohoo!

My replacement RAM is perfect. I cold booted this morning and ran Memtest for 9 hours straight with 0 errors. I'm so glad this issue is resolved. Thank you G. Skill for the quick shipping.

Some last questions, if you don't mind:

1. If I just choose to run these 1600Mhz modules at 1333Mhz, could I tighten the memory timings? I've read you get a faster memory from doing that rather from raising them 333Mhz.

2. Are you allowed to comment on what the revisions you guys made to correct the faulty modules? I'm just curious.

Best Regards,
            Grimmett
            AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE
            MSI 790FX-GD70
            Nvidia GTX 260
            Corsair 750W PSU

Comment

1. Yes, these should be capable of DDR3-1333 8-8-8-21.

2. I'm not sure specifically, but I believe we changed the chips used since those were most likely causing the problems. Note, this is just my personal speculation, not official.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks

I'll give those timings a try. Thanks for the reply
                AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE
                MSI 790FX-GD70
                Nvidia GTX 260
                Corsair 750W PSU

Comment

Great News!!! Glad you got it hammered out.

I would try it both ways though. I don't know if you're going to get better performance with that much lower speed, but tighter timings. Whatever you want of course. Are you going to go for some overclocking at all?

Comment

Thank you!

I'm not sure what would be faster either. I've been reading that tighter timings are better, compared to a 333Mhz increase. I may try both and see how it pans out. I'm running fine at 8-8-8-21 Cmd 2T for now. I want to bump that Cmd to 1T and give it another shot. Then I may try bumping it up to 1600Mhz at default timings and see how that goes.
                    I'm not sure about overclocking the system. The AMD Phenom II's are a whole different beast than my old e4300 dual core Intel I was overclocking. Everything I play runs really well right now. I'm sure I'll get bored, read up on it some, and give OC'ing a shot. I like to tinker
                    AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE
                    MSI 790FX-GD70
                    Nvidia GTX 260
                    Corsair 750W PSU

Comment

wrmstn

Originally posted by Grimmett View Post
                      Thank you!

I'm not sure what would be faster either. I've been reading that tighter timings are better, compared to a 333Mhz increase. I may try both and see how it pans out. I'm running fine at 8-8-8-21 Cmd 2T for now. I want to bump that Cmd to 1T and give it another shot. Then I may try bumping it up to 1600Mhz at default timings and see how that goes.
                      I'm not sure about overclocking the system. The AMD Phenom II's are a whole different beast than my old e4300 dual core Intel I was overclocking. Everything I play runs really well right now. I'm sure I'll get bored, read up on it some, and give OC'ing a shot. I like to tinker
                      I can almost guarantee it'll run at 1T at the lower speed for sure. Grab MaxxMEM? HERE and check your results. That simple memory bench gives me the same numbers as Everest. You should be able to get a serious boost out of overclocking that system when you get around to it

Comment

I GOT THE SAME ****IN PROBLEM!
                        IDENTICALLY!
                        I send them to rma! this told me g.skill tech :P

Can it be a bad chip? like happened for corsair with elpida?

Comment

Originally posted by drudru View Post
                          I GOT THE SAME ****IN PROBLEM!
                          IDENTICALLY!
                          I send them to rma! this told me g.skill tech :P

Can it be a bad chip? like happened for corsair with elpida?
                          I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you will probably get better responses if you keep your "exclamatory" language under control.

Do what the Gskill guy says. If it fixes it then life is good.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiribulus View Post
                            I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that you will probably get better responses if you keep your "exclamatory" language under control.

Do what the Gskill guy says. If it fixes it then life is good.
                            Relax the **** up dude!
                            i'm not angry or any other things!i'm just joking about that because a lot of user are worried about it(it's also normal when u spend like 100/200$ on ram,and i'm not rich)
                            I recently talk'd to g.skill tech and try to find some solution,
                            Bios seems to not be the cause...as we see....
                            Can it be caused with Win 7 64 bit?
                            I was thinking abot quick boot in the bios?How u set it? enable or not?

Initially i was thinking this problem was related with gigabyte p55...
                            personally i got a ud7,and i saw bunch of users got on this problems with ud3/ud4/5/6....
                            but recently i've seen the problem was with all kind of mobo!..msi..asus..and all on platform like amd...
                            I got a 850tx by corsair so i doubt is't the psu;
                            Next i send them to Taiwan!

Thank G.Skill for support!

Comment

Working...
                            X