Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GB ECO Cold Boot issues with Asus P7P55D-E

Hello G.Skill!,

Getting the infamous cold boot issue with this RAM kit.

RAM: G.Skill F3-12800CL7D-4GB ECO
    Motherboard: Asus P7P55D-E (not pro or premium, just standard)
    CPU: Intel i5-750

First boot of the day, nothing comes on monitor...everything boots up, then computer resets itself, and boots up.

Windows reports crash (I get the screen to choose boot normally or Safe Mode), so I'm assuming the first boot is a crash.

Again, this only happens when computer is off for 10-12 hours, i.e. first boot of the day.

Now a couple questions. 1) I bought this RAM kit last week from www.ncix.com. I called them already after looking this issue up. They said I can exchange it with them, BUT they can't test the new kit they'll send me. Is it better to RMA this kit to G.Skill directly?

2) I'm in Canada (Toronto, Ontario more specifically). Which RMA form do I use?

Thanks a bunch!

PS: I installed the RAM, restart occurred on Cold Boot. I used the XMP profile under the Asus AI overtuner or something, Cold Boot still occurred.

I updated the BIOS to the newest one using Asus EZ Flash 2. Cold boot still occurred with RAM at default settings, and with XMP profile.

1) Yes, we can test them before shipping.

2) USA RMA Request is fine.

Simply send those in and the new set should work fine.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Still getting cold boot issue with new RAM kit.

I have it set to XMP profile (1.30V). I'll test it again tomorrow morning.

This sucks, all that waiting and same issues

Comment

You exchanged them through us and had them tested? Very odd...

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yes, exchanged them with you and got them in the mail yesterday.

Same issue happened today as well. I went to a local computer store that was selling same ECO 4GB kits. Tested it today with theirs too, and no issue at all.

I'll test both kits again tomorrow. This sucks though, $15 in shipping and waiting 3 weeks for the same issue : \

Comment

Got my first BSOD with the new RAM kit you guys sent me. Nothing's overclocked, all cores on i5-750 running at about 20 C, vid card running at 37 C.

Comment

Please send them back and request to have them tested. Also, if you send them USPS First Class w/ Delivery Confirmation, include a receipt and we can reimburse you for shipping fee.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X