Asus M4A87TD Evo and 2x2GB F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus M4A87TD Evo and 2x2GB F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH

I'm having a weird issue. Seems like on booting from being off for a while, applications will stop working correctly (changes to classic gui, some applications not loading and erroring out when trying to load them and even got some random BSODs one day. Usually I can remedy this by turning off the power supply and turning it back on. Before I would just change settings on the RAM or just restart to resolve it but read that someone did the PSU method. Which works faster and I can do that before I turn on the computer. Kinda tedious, but it works.

I have had this motherboard and RAM for about 6 days now. I can RMA through NCIX, but if this is just a quirky thing with a new motherboard, will there be a fix down the road?

My RAM settings are correct at 1333 7-7-7-21 2T at 1.5V set in the BIOS.
    RAM is in the QVL.

I have updated to the latest bios 0605.

My PSU is going on it's 3rd year. You think maybe the power supply is starting to show its age?

I'm overclocking now which I didn't before. X3 720 at 3.2GHz (200x16). RAM isn't overclocked.

Anyway, I thought I post here since everyone else seems to have an issue when the computer is off for a while, though it could be the PSU. Hard to say, I don't have spare DDR3 to test nor an extra PSU.

Running good right now, but once you leave it off for a while and I don't do the PSU off on thing, it starts to act funky.

I had a Asus M2R32-MVP with 2x2GB Patriot DDR2-800 before and didn't have this issue.

What do you think?

Computer details if needed:

FAN: Coolermaster 80mm (Intake)
    PSU: Seasonic M12-500W
    MOBO: Asus M4A87TD Evo
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X3 720 2.8GHz*
    *overclocked to 3.2GHz
    HSF: Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 Pro
    TIM: Arctic Cooling MX-2
    FAN: Arctic Cooling 12PWM (Exhaust)
    GPU: Diamond ATi Radeon HD4850 512MB
    HDD: Western Digital Black 640GB
    RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 2X2GB DDR3-1333 7-7-7-21 1.5V
    DVD-RW: Samsung SH-S1821D
    WNIC: D-Link DWA-552
    HEADSET: Turtle Beach EarForce X1
    KEYBOARD: Logitech Wave
    MOUSE: Logitech G5

Sounds like it may be an issue with a module. Send those in for new replacements and that should solve the problem.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X