Clear All

• Gigabyte P55A-UD7 and F3-17600CL7D-4GBPIS

System Specs:
    Gigabyte P55A-UD7 (rev. 1.0)
    Intel Core i7 860 (OC to 2.92)
    G.Skill F3-17600CL7D-4GBPIS (4x2GB)
    ABS Majesty 900W
    Evga GTX 260 Core 216 SSC

I don't know if the board and RAM are compatible or not, but I have problems with setting the ram to it's rated XMP profile. The CPU has to overclock itself to 2.92, instead of 2.8 to run at the XMP profile.

I manually set my voltages and disable settings I don't need. My main problem is that on a cold boot, starting up when sitting off for a while, there is no POST and the computer resets itself and then boots up with Fail-Safe Defaults in the BIOS with an error screen saying the problem is caused by overvoltage or overclocking thing. It doesn't do it all the time from a cold boot, but sometimes.

I have run a memtest once after I had a problem and got errors, but I wasn't sure where. So I then restarted and ran it again, and no errors showed. So it's an off and on type of thing. I've even ran every stick once through memtest, no errors.

I was wondering if anyone could shed a little light on this subject, or help with settings that are stable for the clock so it doesn't do this cold boot problem anymore. Thanks.

welcome to the 2200GHz CL7 club!

I am running these on my P55A-UD6 board (replaced from a UD4). I can OC my i7 870 to 4.04GHz with speed at 2208MHz.

But still, I have not made the setup stable at PRIME yet. These rams are very difficult to play with especially in 8GB.

http://www.gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=4622

Comment

You will need to find the precise QPI/VTT Voltage necessary. Should be roughly 1.40V, but once you find the exact voltage needed, everything will be stable.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X