Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS M4A79XTD EVO (yes another, just bios though!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS M4A79XTD EVO (yes another, just bios though!)

Hello all,

I come to you after sending in my G.Skill RAM back to Newegg for a replacement set of sticks. When I was talking to customer service (G.Skill, before the RMA) they said when I get the new sticks I should manually change the settings in my bios. I apologize for being a complete noob at this sort of thing however I have never changed much of anything in any of my machines' BIOS. I could not find any post specifically detailing how to manually set these values with this set up.

This is what I have so far: I can change the first 4 numbers to the appropriate values (9-9-9-24) but after that I have no idea what is going on. Essentially I am looking for the values to enter, and where to enter them. After reading tons of these kinds of threads (and being new to this BIOS stuff :| ) I am going to need a bit more than "set it to 1600", I do realize that is what I am trying to achieve in this process but how do you accomplish that?

Any and all input is much appreciated!

Here is my set up:
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz
    MoBo: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AM3
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL
    PSU: OCZ StealthXStream OCZ700SXS 700W
    Graphics: XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770
    BIOS: v2001 (latest)

Try these settings:

AI Overclock Tuner - Manual
    DRAM Frequency - 1600
    DRAM Voltage - 1.50V

DRAM Timing/Driving Config. (submenu)
    DRAM Command Rate - 2

tCL - 9
    tRCD - 9
    tRP - 9
    tRAS - 24

Rest can be AUTO

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

That is exactly what I was looking for! Thank you so much. I will put these settings in when I receive my new sticks and i will post with my results.

Comment

I have had the new sticks of RAM for about two weeks now and would like you all to know that everything is working perfectly! No cold boot issues, no random freezing, absolutely nothing.

G.Skill is amazing.

Comment

Working...
        X