X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus p6x58d + f3-12800cl9t-6gbnq

Hi Guys,

I just built a new system:
    ASUS P6X58D + i930 + F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ, but system can not detect full 6G memory under 1600MHz. I tried X.M.P, it does not work, I wonder what is best setting to have 6G with 1600MHz. Thanks.
    Last edited by i930; 05-10-2010, 04:34 AM.

Make sure the memory is fully inserted, try reseating the CPU and CPU pins on the motherboard to see if anything is out of shape. If all is fine and you still have the same problems, send the memory in for new replacements and that should solve the problem.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

I had tried to reseat cpu, memory many times, I think I have to send them back, Thanks

Comment

New update, when system cold starts up, it shows 2G or 4G, I change Ai OC tuner to auto or X.M.P, warm restarts , system can see 6G, but cold starts again, system can only detect 2G again. Generally speaking, system can not detect full 6G memory when cold start. please suggest what is wrong, what I should RMA? Thanks.

Comment

Can anyone help about this issue? Thanks.

Comment

Yes, please send them in for new replacements and that should solve the problem.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

I waited 3 weeks to get replacement, system can detect 6G now, but sometime when cold start, it shows error message "overclock error" when uses XMP Profile. Not sure where the problem is , memory , cpu or MB

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard? Try manual settings and see how that works.

Thank you
                GSKILL SUPPORT

Comment

p6x58d-e + triple channel

same issue with that motherboard 3X2 GSkill F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ. cold start find 4 gig about 75% of time. warm start about 50%. odd that win7 and cpuid always sees 6! running stock setting except speed stepping off. tried auto/xmp whatever - no change. ran memtest on memory and came up fine. I thin it is the x58 intel chipset for memory handling. I do not think it is the ram. Also runnin g latest bios. very frustrating problem to resolve. with corsair H50 installed I would hate to have to rma the motherboard, but...... posting this so folks do not assume it is the ram, especially with this mboard.

Comment

pos to last msg

asus shows the memory above on it's QVL list but Gskill does not show the P6x58D-E on it's list, at least that I could find. perhaps this board did not test well with that specific set of GSkill?

Comment

They are surely compatible. Send the memory in for new replacements and that should solve the problem.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

any thoughts on my initial message ?

are you saying the ram is probubly the problem?

Comment

Yes, possible, so try a new set and they should work better.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                          X