Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crosshairIII &

Ok here goes.

I bought 2x2gb of F3-12800CL8-2GBRM for my AMD 965BE 125w all for a asus crosshair III mother board.
    I havent had any problems except the odd BSOD (windows yay) nowadays this is a different matter im getting BSOD multiple times a day and it doesnt matter what im doing gaming desktop idling.

If i remove one of the sticks the system seems to be alot more stable and doesnt crash. if i add the stick back in. It seems stable for a while then it all goes pearshaped again. Ive tried the sticks in different slots and tried them both on there own and i get the same results.

I did run memtest overnight and got no errors.

I checked asus crosshair III QVl and this ram isnt on the compatibilty sheet.

does anyone know of any known problems with this ram and the motherboard.

Windows 7 Ultimate edition
    AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor 3411.6 MHz
    asus Crosshair Formula III
    2x G.Skill F3-12800CL8-2GBRM
    8.0-8-8-24-34-2T @ 800 MHz (1.600 Volts)
    sapphire Radeon HD 4890
    Last edited by Nuttydave; 05-08-2010, 06:56 PM. Reason: adding more specs

It has been suggested i raise my ram to 1.7v would this be a good idea?

Comment

Do you notice these problems once your computer has been turned off for a while or does it happen at any random moment? If you replace the second ram stick and everything is stable UNLESS you turn off your computer for a prolonged period of time try this:

1. Make a Memtest86+ CDROM. It will be a bootable CDROM. Set your BIOS to boot from the CDROM first.

2. Shut your computer off and remove one stick of RAM. Make sure you check out your motherboard manual so that you know which DIMM slot MUST be occupied for the system to boot, and make sure that your one remaining stick is in that slot.

3. Leave your computer off overnight (6-7 hours).

4. The next morning, boot your computer with your Memtest CDROM and your one stick of ram. Let it run for a pass or two. ( My memory faulted within a few minutes, but it may be different for you.)

5. If your memory stick passes, repeat steps 2-4 with your other memory stick.

If you get errors on either stick, you should RMA your memory and request they test your replacement memory before they send it to you.
      If you get no errors with either stick, then you might have to adjust your timings, voltages, and other BIOS settings. Your motherboard or CPU could be faulty, as well as the power supply. You said your memory wasn't on the compatibility lists for your board, so it could be incompatible for whatever reason. How long has your system been stable before you started getting problems?

Hope this helps.
      AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE
      MSI 790FX-GD70
      G. Skill 2X 2GB 1600Mhz # ends 4GBNQ
      Nvidia GTX 260
      Corsair H50 Water Cooling
      Corsair 750W PSU

Comment

What's the default voltage for that ram? If its 1.5V, you should be okay to try, but I wouldn't go much higher than that unless the memory can handle it. I'm not sure what voltages that specific model can take. My memory will run 1.65V fine and it's default is 1.5V.
        AMD Phenom II x4 955 BE
        MSI 790FX-GD70
        G. Skill 2X 2GB 1600Mhz # ends 4GBNQ
        Nvidia GTX 260
        Corsair H50 Water Cooling
        Corsair 750W PSU

Comment

Hi grimmett.

default is 1.6v with 8-8-8-24 1600mhz well that what the sticker says anyway.

PC has been running pretty much fine since the beginning of January. I did have a similar problem in january built the PC it started crashing after a week or so reseated ram and it was fine.
          Problem seems to have stopped again after reseating for the 20th time this time so i was thinking possibly its a poor connection on the motherboard.

I will try your cold boot trick though to see if it picks anything up.

I have had a suggestion to try and up cpu a small amount and raise the voltages on the ram which i will try also

Comment

1.6v with 8-8-8-24 1600mhz

Did you set this in BIOS? If not, it can cause the problems you are having.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Well I hope I dont jinx it but I raised my voltage to 1.65v and reseated them again, raised my multiplier to my cpu very slightly and and updated my firmware on my cdrom drive.

Everything seems to be ok now, fingers crossed. Im paying alot more attention to my event viewer in the hope that if i stop any errors asap that ill stop these pesky BSOD.

Thanks for all the help if it comes back ill be back

(oh and yeah ram voltage and timings was done in the bios)

Comment

Working...
              X