GA-P55A-UD3 - Question on ECO RAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-P55A-UD3 - Question on ECO RAM

I'm about to order the Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3 motherboard, and I have a question on two choices of G.Skill RAM.

I plan to overclock an i5-750 to BCLK = 160 and keep TurboBoost and SpeedStep enabled. I'm not sure the system will support the highest clock (24x160=3.84GHz) but that's my goal. I hope to at least get to BCLK = 150. I know that I can get a higher stable OC with TurboBoost off, but I prefer to leave it on.

Original RAM choice: 2x2GB CL9 DDR3 1600 (F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ.) This is on the Gigabyte approved RAM list, and looks like good, mainstream 1.5v RAM with decent 9-9-9-24 timings. Current price = $110.

Then I came across this newer 'ECO' series (F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO) with 7-8-7-24-2N timings at only 1.35v. It costs $15 more.

Questions: It seems like a no-brainer to go for the tighter timings *and* lower voltage for only $15 more. Am I missing something? Since I plan to run at no more than rated speed, are there any other issues I should be aware of?

Also, does anyone know if the P55A-UB3 has 1.35v as a selectable V DRAM?

Many thanks in advance for your comments!

Anybody?

^bump^

Comment

Yes, in my opinion the ECO is a great deal, so it is no brainer to me as well.

Yes, the ECO series is made for the P55 platform, so the motherboard can adjust down to 1.35V.

You should be very happy, the low voltage at default specs surely keep the CPU cooler and perfect for 24/7 usage.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks - I'll give it a try.

Comment

Working...
        X