Asus P7P55D and 8 Gb F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus P7P55D and 8 Gb F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ

I have a i5 750 OC at 3.6GHz a recently instaled an additional 4 Gb of RAM and my system gets all these errors. BSOD , Windows does not load ( when it gets to the Windows load screen computer restarts itself), crashes after you get into Windows , etc. Sometimes the computer works fine other times I get all the errors.
    I had no problems with only 4 Gb even running them at 1730 MHz. Should I RMA or is there some BIOS options that I'm missing ??

This is my system and my BIOS settings:

MOBO: Asus P7P55D
    PSU: 650W
    GPU: Saphire Radeon 5870

BIOS version 1307

AI Overclock - Manual

OC From CPU Level UP - Auto

CPU Ratio Setting - Auto

Intel Speed Step - Enabled

Intel Turbo Mode - Enabled

Xtreme Phase Full Power - Enabled

BCLK Frequency - 173

PCIE Frequency - 100

DRAM Frequency - 1384 MHz or 1730 MHz ( tried both, still crash)

QPI Frequency - Auto

DRAM Voltage - 1.50 or 1.55 or 1.60 ( tried all, still crash)

CPU PLL - Auto or 1.90 ( tried both, still crash)

tCL - 9

tRCD - 9

tRP - 9

tRAS - 24 or 27 ( tried both, still crash)

Timing - 1N or 2N or 3N ( tried all, still crash)

CpuID reported my tRFC as being 96 and my FSBRAM 2:10

So, am I doing something wrong or should I just RMA the new ram ???

You are not setting enough QPI/DRAM Voltage (memory controller). Try 1.30V, then find the lowest stable value. With full slots and overclock, the memory controller does not have enough voltage to support it.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      You are not setting enough QPI/DRAM Voltage (memory controller). Try 1.30V, then find the lowest stable value. With full slots and overclock, the memory controller does not have enough voltage to support it.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

I know you are trying to help and you want to make the memory stable, but the maximum QPI/VTT voltage for the Lynnfield processor according to Intel is 1.21v.
      Based on this http://download.intel.com/design/pro...hts/322164.pdf. Will I be frying the processor ?

Also what increments do I use when lowering from 1.30 ? ( 1.28 , 1.27 etc. ???

Comment

Yes, then again they state that the max memory frequency should be DDR3-1333. For this reason, anything above DDR3-1333 is considered "overclocking".

No, you will not fry the CPU, simply watch temps as they should not exceed 80 degrees Celsius. Generally 1.50V is the max limit for near stock cooling, any more will require additional enhanced cooling.

You can adjust in increments of .2-.5, but once you find the ideal voltage, you will be set.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH
        Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 04-30-2010, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the swift response . Do you think I should make any other changes ? tRAS 24 or 27 , DRAM 1.50 or 1.60 , 1N or 2N etc.

edit. I have A Zalman air cooler , keeps my CPU under 50C even under high stress.
          Last edited by Ubertino; 04-30-2010, 11:34 AM.

Comment

tRAS 24, DRAM Voltage 1.50V, Command Rate 2N

If you have the Zalman CPU Cooler, then you will surely be fine.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X