F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ W/ XMP Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ W/ XMP Support

Ok I am hoping I can get some advice regarding my ram F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ.
    System:
    MB: MSI NF750-G55
    CPU: AMD Phenom2 965 x4 C3 125w
    RAM: F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ 2x2gb @ 1600 9-9-9-24
    GeForce 260GTX

So after building this system about 2 months ago everything works great. Passed memtest , runs prime95 blend forever. System is perfectly stable.

I always had in mind to get another 4gb of ram to add in this system down the road. I purchased another set and installed them. I had BSOD, couldn't pass memtest anymore nor run prime95 without errors.

At a closer look in the BIOS I noticed a difference in the ram. My new set of ram said XMP Support and CPUID recognized them as XMP based for 800mhz. My original ram does not. It is Jdec 685mhz.

I tried just the xmp ram by itself. Same problems. Tried each stick alone, same problems. Tons of memtest errors. Tried running them at lower speeds (1333, 1066) with same problems. After researching I thought maybe I could disable XMP through my bios. No such luck. It just says XMP support with no way to disable that I am aware of.

I took back the ram to NCIX after days of trying different stuff. Just loaded new set in and XMP support again! same thing all over again.

I am back to running my original ram only and everything is stable again like it was before. My goal is to run 8gb of ram in this system but I don't know what to do.
    Are all new versions of this ram XMP supported? Is XMP only compatible with Intel?
    Ill trade you some new XMP sticks for some old non XMP sticks

Thank you
    Sean

You need to raise NB Voltage to 1.40V for 4 modules, that is your problem. If one set does not have XMP, you can send them in for new replacements, or simply enter settings manually.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

No...

I have 2 sticks non xmp, 2 sticks with xmp.

The xmp ones won't work.
      I tried each stick alone at a time. The ones that get errors are always the ones that bios lists as XMP. When running sticks not listed as xmp they run perfect, as advertised.

So I am running 4gb at advertised speeds and 100% stable (non xmp sticks). My problem is I can't get to 8 gb because the other 2 sticks are xmp. I don't seem to have any bios settings that can remove the xmp support. It just seems to default to xmp without any options.

Comment

Well if you are having problems with the XMP sticks alone with the proper settings, then you will need to send them in for new replacements. Either way, if you are attempting 8GB, 4 modules, you will need to increase NB Voltage and possibly others to stabilize.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

is it possible to even get these without xmp anymore? Don't know if it was something that was added to later models? Also I really don't know if this is just because they are xmp or not... Is this ram really AMD compatible? I did notice later in description that they are listed as i5,i7 ram

I have noticed a program or 2 having memory leak issues as well where the commit charge will rise and rise and rise until it is maxxed and I get a low memory pop up in windows 7. I have messed around with page file after noticing these issues. After not getting anywhere page file is back to original settings

Comment

No, all memory modules above the JEDEC standard should come with XMP. It makes no real difference as the memory should be set manually anyway. The memory is indeed compatible with AMD.

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thank you for the replies so far. I just tried running the xmp support sticks one at a time again. Just can't get em to pass memtest.
              1 stick gets tons of errors right from the start. The other stick atleast makes it to test #6 before I get errors, but then they come fast and furious as well hehe.

I have exhausted all settings and timings trying to run these. In the end though you would figure they would run at the same settings as my original 2 sticks (no xmp) I purchased and have running good and stable.

Just find it hard to believe I managed to get 4 bad sticks in a row here...

What should I do when I take them back again to NCIX?
              Should I ask if they have any older stock that are not XMP?
              How could we even tell that? I would hate to have them RMA another pack of ram to you guys and me get another XMP pack that might be unstable again. Though might not even be the xmp....

What is the difference between Jdec and XMP standard?

The only difference I have managed to find on each pack of ram is a 14 digit number on each stick. I imagine each stick gets numbered as it gets made.
              the XMP ones have first 3 numbers 101xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
              my old non xmp ones start 100xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thx again for the support so far. I hope We can manage to get it all right in the end.

Comment

JEDEC is DDR3-1333 and below. XMP or EPP is DDR3-1333 and above.

The XMP Profile does not have any affect. What I would suggest is send them in for new replacements through us, and ask to have them tested before shipping.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X